Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

Connecting two GTNs?

I wonder if it's possible to use two GTN 750s at the same time and have them connected to each other?  I'm not sure if "connect" is the correct term; back when I was starting out, there was a way to connect the Garmin 430 to the Garmin 530 in the default Cessna 172 so that one device was aware of the settings entered in the other.  I have one GTN 750 set up with waypoints and stuff but when opening a 2nd GTN 750, it has no clue about the entered waypoints. 

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

I wonder if it's possible to use two GTN 750s at the same time and have them connected to each other?  I'm not sure if "connect" is the correct term; back when I was starting out, there was a way to connect the Garmin 430 to the Garmin 530 in the default Cessna 172 so that one device was aware of the settings entered in the other.  I have one GTN 750 set up with waypoints and stuff but when opening a 2nd GTN 750, it has no clue about the entered waypoints. 

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Atlas,
Just as with the GNS gauges you have (2) available and can install both into a panel.  One must be _1 and the other _2.  However unlike the GNS series the GTN gauges do not crossfeed to each other. That I believe was the term you were thinking of.  It may be a limitation of the Garmin GTN Trainer upon which these RXP simulator gauges are based. 

I use two GTN gauges routinely in a number of aircraft.  I use each for different functions.  Most often I load my flight plan into one and use the flight plan page, map page, procedures, and VNAV with it.  I use the other for traffic, terrain awareness on the map page, as COM2 (for pulling in ATIS while staying on the ATC frequency with the other), etc.  I also with the second gauge use the nearest functions.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere