Sign in to follow this  
EFB

Autogen trees

Hi everyone, i have P3dv4.5 and a problem in trees transparency as you can see in the link. My laptop is a i9, 8gbram, Intel UHD 600 and 8gb of ram. Dx version 12. I have tried reinstalling the simulator but it didnt change. Also restoring the laptop. I hope someone could help me please. Thanks 

The pictures:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MGAsryxA5hu0rKFOJSQ1vZRoH8Sx-P4F?usp=sharing 

These are not default trees, are they?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thank you for your reply. No, they are downloaded ones. But with default trees it also happens to me. They are the trees that vegetation bgl uses. It seems that the alpha channel or something like that doesnt works properly. I dont know so much about layers and textures. 

I think I would un-download them

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have tried it. I have removed them and reisntalled P3d v4.5 and it happens to me with defaults.

Did you completely uninstall and then reinstalled v4.5 or just the client? Delete autogen on root folder and run a "Repair" on your Prepar3d via the add/remove function on windows.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

With autogen on root folder do you mean the Autogen main folder or the textures of the autogen? I supose the first. 

Edited by Perfect Aviation

I have done a restore pc, deleting all prepar3d folders and everything on the computer and i have installed prepar3d but im getting the same issue. 

I meant the main autogen folder inside your v4. When you delete it and run a repair, p3d regenerates the folder. I was assuming something inside the folder was corrupted. Have you considered installing Orbx trees? They are payware but I think it’s worth it. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Well, that can be a solution. By the way, i have been looking at the textures in model converter x and they look perfect. 

They may look okay in model converter x, but you are using P3D, requirements are more specific than a program that can render differently. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Okkay, so in the end it is surely because of my pc specs since i have delete everything, unistall the sim, restore the pc and i m getting same issue. I think im going to come back to fsx, ideal for my laptop. 

I have a similar spec laptop (I5, Intel HD 620, 8GB ram) and run P3D v4.5 fine. I use Orbx TerraFlora v2 but have also used Orbx Trees HD in the past. Might pay to give either of those a try. You can use Trees HD in FSX as well so not a wasted purchase if you need to go back to FSX.

On a side note, I find that P3D runs a lot smoother and loads way more faster than FSX on my laptop with addons. I also use Orbx  - Global Base, Global Vector, OpenLC North/South America, Buildings HD. I use FSGlobal 2018 as my mesh and Envshade as well. So these circa 2017 laptops can definitely run the sim albeit not with setting all maxed out. But it gives me 20 to 30 FPS so I am happy.

I have experimented a lot getting the sim running acceptably on my laptop. I have an hour long train commune to work so this helps pass the time. I  mostly fly GA planes on my laptop with the Aerosoft Twin Otter being my go to plane. I save flying in the other more demanding aircraft to my desktop PC. Bottom line is, set realistic expectations on what you can do with the sim on the hardware that you have.