Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Having Problems with the Q400

Hi

Since the Majestic Q400 has been released for P3Dv5, I have been trying it with UGCX v2 but I've had a few problems.

I'm using the 'Freeze Movements Method' as recommended for pushback but three times out of five pushbacks the aircraft starts lurching about while being pushed.  The last time was fine until we came to a stop, then the aircraft nose came up and we started bouncing around resulting in the aircraft sitting on top of the tractor and both port undercarriage tyres burst.

As it takes so long to set the Q400 up for a flight I'm now very reluctant to use UGCX with this aircraft.

Glen

Glen

Hi,

Can you record that in a video, maybe youtube, or something ..so I can see the lurching effect?. About the bounce, I'll check. I'll have it tested again with the last changes, of the update we didn't release yet.

Manuel

spacer.png

Sorry Manuel I wouldn't know where to start in recording a video.

If you would like me to test a future release that's fine, I have beta tested for Bryan before using the Q400.

Glen

Glen

Ok, dont worry, but question: When you had P3Dv4, did it work fine? on Q400? I know you are using now P3D v5, but just wanted to ask if you had test it on P3Dv4, in case there was a difference.

Manuel

spacer.png

No sorry I didn't get the chance to try it using P3Dv4.

Just to add one thing. during pushback I went to an outside view and the Q400 nosewheel was turned to the right just prior to pushback, and from the inside cockpit view when pushback commenced the aircraft always tipped slightly right wing down.

Edited by GAJ52
More info

Glen

I dont have V5 but use 4.5 hf2 , I've just recently brought the majestic dash 8 and so far not had any issues with it ref pushbacks,  one thing I did need to do was do all the aircraft offsets eg set up the positions of the undercarriage..tow bar connection point etc as they where all badly offset by default....maybe that's another thing to try Glen if you haven't already.

ugcx_banner.png

4 hours ago, keenrw said:

I dont have V5 but use 4.5 hf2 , I've just recently brought the majestic dash 8 and so far not had any issues with it ref pushbacks,  one thing I did need to do was do all the aircraft offsets eg set up the positions of the undercarriage..tow bar connection point etc as they where all badly offset by default....maybe that's another thing to try Glen if you haven't already.

Thanks keenrw, We tested on P3Dv4, the majestic with UGCX, and so far wasn't any issue seen, however, we didn't test on P3Dv5 yet. I have P3Dv5, but not the majestic installed in P3Dv5. I would need to test this scenerio.

And yes, maybe you can try using customized offsets. I must admit, we would need to have a forum area where users could share these customized configuration files.Or to have a centralized place in internet to allow these files to be shared.

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Keenrw and Manuel

Many thanks for the suggestion about using Offsets.

I did find the tow bar offset needed to come forward a bit as it was behind the nosewheel.  I adjusted it to slightly forward of the nose wheel and tried a pushback, no engines running just battery power on the aircraft.  During pushback the aircraft still tilted slightly right wing down but the nose wheel remained straight this time.  I carried out three pushbacks at different airports and each time I had no problems, so you may have been right with the offset suggestion  🙂

Glen

Edited by GAJ52
  • Like 1

Glen

25 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

I did find the tow bar offset needed to come forward a bit as it was behind the nosewheel.  I adjusted it to slightly forward of the nose wheel and tried a pushback, no engines running just battery power on the aircraft.  During pushback the aircraft still tilted slightly right wing down but the nose wheel remained straight this time.  I carried out three pushbacks at different airports and each time I had no problems, so you may have been right with the offset suggestion  

Excellent!...nice to hear!!!....And also again thanks to Keenrw.

All these could be solved if we could have a place where users could find Q400, PMDG UGCX's config in one place, so each user doesn't need to redo the same config for the same airplane. So you just could download from somewhere all configs. Since all these aircraft has offsets, but default sometimes are not right.

Cheers,

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

19 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

Keenrw and Manuel

Many thanks for the suggestion about using Offsets.

I did find the tow bar offset needed to come forward a bit as it was behind the nosewheel.  I adjusted it to slightly forward of the nose wheel and tried a pushback, no engines running just battery power on the aircraft.  During pushback the aircraft still tilted slightly right wing down but the nose wheel remained straight this time.  I carried out three pushbacks at different airports and each time I had no problems, so you may have been right with the offset suggestion  🙂

Glen

Glad it helped .. Did you check the main landing gears too and set them all up? ...make sure the blue line lines up with the undercarriage legs and the green arrow (i think it is ) is touching the ground .... when I checked the Dash (P3D4.5)  i found i had to align all three undercarriage legs and lower the green arrow as it was too high.

If you have not  it could be the reason why it's still tipping to the side slightly I guess

Thanks

Rich

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

Rich, I'll take a look, thanks again for the info.

Manuel - any chance you could add a few more examples in the UGCX manual Part 10.  The whole subject of 'Offsets' I think needs a bit more clarification as to what it does and how to use it, the manual is a bit vague on how to use this feature.

Glen

Glen

The offsets, themselves are locations in your aircraft that tells our module where are: left, right, center gears, also where does the tug truck should connect the towbar in the center/nose wheel. This center/nose wheel has a 3D coordinate location (X,Y,Z). Usually the aircraft by default has this location too far or too close from the nose gear. Our module has this "offsets feature" so we can create a custom location for the contact/place where the towbar will connect to the nose gear. This can be modified by moving the 3d gizmo (the arrows/axis that appears in the simulation) once you open this window, you can change the different contact points by selecting it from the dropdown that appears on the screen. The other easy way, would be to another user to share with us the custom offsets they have set for Q400.

Manuel

spacer.png

This is the main offsets i use ... bear in mind im using P3D 4.5 ....P3D5 may differ .... seems to work fine with no issue pushing back and wings are level, just not sure about the bypass pin setting as the Dash has its own which u also need to remove and the tug is my own choice so the user can select what one they preferred

[UGCX]
HasBypassPin=1
TugModelType=1
AgentsCrouching=1
MarshallerHdg=0.0
Pushback=0.0000,-1.6316,13.1078
MarshallerDist=13.00
LeftGear=-4.4000,-2.3801,-0.9000
RightGear=4.3500,-2.3801,-0.8500
CenterGear=-0.0048,-2.0817,12.9274
MainExitDoor=-1.3000,-0.8000,9.8500
BPPAgentLeftSide=8.0000,-62.0000,0.0000