Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Nvidia Game Ready Driver 451.67 has been released.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes Unlimited + Vsync + 30Hz monitor refresh.

I also installed 451.67 on my Dev PC ... all good (nothing changed) ... will proceed to install on my main FS PC.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, what limiter do you use (if it is really needed at all with your settings above)? I surmise it is RTSS set at 30 fps, is it not?. What is the scanline value that your use then ? 

Thanks!

PS: The reason I'm asking is that the FPS counter in P3Dv5hf2 is all over no matter how I'm trying to keep 30fps  (with NCP, NI @30.5 or 1/2 refresh of 60Hz, and even with 30Hz monitor + VSYNC/Unlimited combinations). It might be a problem of P3D's fps counter, of course, I don't know, I'm still on 446.14 driver.

I9 9900K@5.2Ghz, 32Gb, GTX2080TI, HT On.

Edited by Dirk98

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

you run your monitors with the pre-medival age refresh rate of 30Hz... I know it is probably the best combo for smoothness, but until I hurt my eyes with a 30Hz refresh rate, I rather have some slight stutters in my sim 😉

My short throw 4K projectors won't go more than 30Hz in any case, so it certainly isn't "pre-medieval", but right up to date!

Having two windows in P3D so that I can get a 200 degree view wrapped around my cockpit rather limits the frame rates you can get out of P3D in any case.

I don't notice any problem with 30Hz, or even 25Hz (which I was using until recently). On the other hand, I do notice stutters which can be very annoying.

P3Dv5 is performing superbly. With P3Dv4 I couldn't even fly in the London area with True Earth GB.  Now, with TE GB and added airports from Aerosoft (EGLL) and UK2000,  it manages at least 25 fps, and mostly 30, even with fairly high settings -- including 120+ AI in the area of EGLL.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

5 hours ago, willy647 said:

I'm still on al older driver. If it aint broken, don't fix it .....

I'm with that too!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Seems to have smoothed out P3Dv4.5HF3 on my old Haswell and a GTX1070. Looks like Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is having a much better effect nailing sold 30 fps (locked) in Orbx SOCAL with TFDi 717.  Previously I had to avoid overflying LAX due to stutters and now it is holding steady.

• Upvote 1

I also lock at 30 (NCP Resolution Settings then change refresh rate to 30).  I've noticed sometimes the simulator will bypass that and still see frames at 50/60ish.  Strangely if I click the minimize window on P3D, then maximize it again it locks to 30.  Weird but it works. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Rob, what limiter do you use (if it is really needed at all with your settings above)? I surmise it is RTSS set at 30 fps, is it not?. What is the scanline value that your use then ? 

Thanks!

PS: The reason I'm asking is that the FPS counter in P3Dv5hf2 is all over no matter how I'm trying to keep 30fps  (with NCP, NI @30.5 or 1/2 refresh of 60Hz, and even with 30Hz monitor + VSYNC/Unlimited combinations). It might be a problem of P3D's fps counter, of course, I don't know, I'm still on 446.14 driver.

I9 9900K@5.2Ghz, 32Gb, GTX2080TI, HT On.

Try with HT off 

p3d has no use of it

mike

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes Unlimited + Vsync + 30Hz monitor refresh.

I also installed 451.67 on my Dev PC ... all good (nothing changed) ... will proceed to install on my main FS PC.

Cheers, Rob.

I have been running the same settings for a couple years with no NI changes just preferred max performance in Nvidia Control panel. My 4K TV has native 30Hz capability and P3D has always worked well but now with P3Dv5 and 451.48 drivers coupled with Win 10 v2004 it’s for the first time pretty amazing at even higher settings. Also I see no issues at 30Hz and no lag or eye strain.

Thanks Rob for turning me on to this 30Hz setup quite some time ago!

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

For years I used prefer max performance in power management.  Then when dx12 came along I thought it might be worth seeing if that's still best.  Now all I do in NCP is change the monitor refresh rate to 30hz.  For the first time I've been using the default optimal power management.  Notice no change.  This article is worth a read. 

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2019/12/04/nvidia-geforce-driver-power-mode-settings-compared/11/

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

22 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'm extremely happy with the 451.48 drivers with WDDM 2.7 support and Windows 10 (2004) with GPU scheduling enabled. 

Performed a flight in the updated FSLabs A320 for P3D V5 from FlightBeam's KDEN to FlyTampa's KLAS with ASP3D (TrueSKY enabled) and ORBX and 60% AI Traffic with every graphics setting slider to the right (and with my TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 tweak and a few others) and it was locked solid to 30Hz/30 FPS and NO long frames (aka stutters), not a single one ... couldn't believe RTSS data log.  No texture loading issues, no AG rendering issues, crisp clear terrain.

I must admit, this is probably the first time I'm hesitant to update from 451.48 to 451.67, but it's a minor rev so hopefully it's safe.

And this is on my now old of the shelf 9900K at only 5Ghz because my Koolance Chiller isn't working as efficiently as it was, so bypassed to standard water cooling.

It's one of the flights you just go Wow!

Cheers, Rob.

I would try this but I think my 10900k is holding me back from being eligible to hit 2004. I dont really want to wipe it all to start over. I wonder if that would work though.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

3 hours ago, joepoway said:

I have been running the same settings for a couple years with no NI changes just preferred max performance in Nvidia Control panel. My 4K TV has native 30Hz capability and P3D has always worked well but now with P3Dv5 and 451.48 drivers coupled with Win 10 v2004 it’s for the first time pretty amazing at even higher settings. Also I see no issues at 30Hz and no lag or eye strain.

Thanks Rob for turning me on to this 30Hz setup quite some time ago!

Joe

Joe, don't miss "WDDM 2.7 support and Windows 10 (2004) with GPU scheduling enabled" to the past 30Hz synced settings, sounds like another cool feature.

Edited by Dirk98

Tried the 451.48 and also 451.67

was very jerky. So I reverted back to 446.14 I believe and all is smooth again.

hmm don’t know why it’s happening on my system.

mike

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

For years I used prefer max performance in power management.  Then when dx12 came along I thought it might be worth seeing if that's still best.  Now all I do in NCP is change the monitor refresh rate to 30hz.  For the first time I've been using the default optimal power management.  Notice no change.  This article is worth a read. 

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2019/12/04/nvidia-geforce-driver-power-mode-settings-compared/11/

That’s Interesting, given that max power is the only tweak I apply. As you say, for years that was the common consensus and while I never thought it did much I certainly never imagined it can actually degrade performance in any way

What is the current recommendation for Low Latency Mode setting in NCP?

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

What is the current recommendation for Low Latency Mode setting in NCP?

Thanks.

Does not impact DX12 or Vulkan games, so not relevant to V5. It's not relevant in V4 either, because ulta-low latency mode is for when you find yourself GPU bound at high framerates (60+).

• Like 1