Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

JULY 9TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Page two and no complaints about tree size yet?!

It didn't seem to be mentioned in the changelog as a thing that was fixed, but I hope it was addressed (or will be)

I'll update my alpha over the weekend, looking forward to seeing the changes

First knee jerk reactions  (YMMV) :

- Great sandbars in the ExpressTomato’s Trs1 vid but they seem to be treated as water by the light engine ? That would break my heart 💔.

- Nice to see brown water in the well-named Cinnamonink’s pic

- Nice intro pic of the Caravan in a bush setting, love it, but the shapes of trees and bushes are a little weird... (special dedicace to @Bottle😈)

- what was the guy who shot the Hawaii vid thinking ? The only interesting thing, the waves, are not seen but in a blink. 

- Great pic of suitcases. One feels a hardcore simmer here, going to the essential. The only thing we still have to see in Sirena Ranger Station is a non-important triffle, the grass and dirt landing strip.

- Interesting to see all the tweaks to the FM. Particularly interested by the turboprop, a notorious flaw in FSX and P3D. I hope that the play of the torque/ITT/RPM is going to be right ! That they still have to tweak the TBM at the end of the alpha brings question about the partnership with Daher. Nominal only ? 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, LHookins said:

Release dates are typically set by the publisher, not the developer.  This is why you see so many games released in a not-quite-finished condition.  

🙂 

Hook

I know this, but if they release a sim that can be easily pulled apart or disliked by the bulk of simmers, it could get off to a bad start. There are plenty of people with vested interests who will try their level best to kill MSFS at birth. MS have to be careful with the release IMO. Look at FSW, it didn't have a chance.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

29 minutes ago, eaim said:

I know this, but if they release a sim that can be easily pulled apart or disliked by the bulk of simmers, it could get off to a bad start. There are plenty of people with vested interests who will try their level best to kill MSFS at birth. MS have to be careful with the release IMO. Look at FSW, it didn't have a chance.

They will release a sim that will be pulled apart. This is how the world works. The project is extremely ambitious in its scope (maybe too much re : the number of default aircraft for instance) and cannot but draw criticisms, justified or frivolous or plainly idiotic. Expect a tsunami. They know it and that's why they will release it as scheduled anyway. This sad circus is unavoidable.  

You can count of some "people with vested interests" to add oil to the fire indeed, they have already been busy trying their best to kill Asobo's baby in the simmers mind even before birth 😄 (Its a game, no addon before years, a game made for console etc !) !  I can think of a couple of ones down here.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, eaim said:

...if they release a sim that can be easily pulled apart or disliked by the bulk of simmers, it could get off to a bad start.

Oh trust me, the chronic complainers will post more hate than two Asobos could fix in the next year.  They'd do the same if you put them in a real aircraft but somehow convinced them it was a sim.

Microsoft Flight was pulled, not because of the organized hate campaign, but due to internal decisions at Microsoft about the direction they wanted their operating system to go.  Then RT failed.

I didn't follow Flight Sim World but I suspect Dovetail gave up because of something Microsoft did, not because of the hate campaign against it.  Hopefully Dovetail was duly compensated.

MSFS hasn't had an organized hate campaign against it.  Honestly, I was surprised. The few people causing problems right now aren't going to have any effect.  At all.

MSFS is safe, don't worry about it.

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

10 hours ago, LHookins said:

Release dates are typically set by the publisher, not the developer.  This is why you see so many games released in a not-quite-finished condition.  

Take Prepar3d5 as a prominent example. Includes a number of good improvements, but all half-finished upon release of 5.0. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

Take Prepar3d5 as a prominent example. Includes a number of good improvements, but all half-finished upon release of 5.0. 

I don't see how they had any choice but to release it when they did in the condition it was at the time.  How many people would have bought it if it had released after MSFS?  There would have been some, maybe even many, but not as many as already bought it.  At least they still had their commercial and government customers.

Besides, a lot of people are running v5 without problems.  

Hook

Larry Hookins

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

Did the two videos get removed?  They were horrible quality...

I can still see all four videos in the website. If you cannot view them in there, in the first page of this thread you can find YouTube versions. Anyway, the quality is horrible because the videos have a 5MB size limit. This means either really short videos, or heavy compression.

6 hours ago, fmloyola said:

Anyone have an ideia about this pc specs and resolution??

Only thing we know is that their monitor has a resolution of 2560x1080, so it's an ultrawide. An interesting observation is that once again the CPU is not working much, but the GPU is doing most of the work.

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Yes, that might indeed be the case, but I have participated in multiple other alpha/beta programs and there were never such big and immersion breaking watermarks...

They increased the amount of watermarks in an attempt to stop the leaks (since they are posted on a Chinese website, Microsoft probably cannot issue a copyright claim). Until the NDA is lifted (probably not until an Open Beta or something), the watermarks will not go away sadly.

34 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They increased the amount of watermarks

I cannot say if the watermarks have been dimmed, but on my two short flights since the update I don't even notice them unless I'm looking for them.  I don't know if they've changed them, or if I've gotten used to them.  In the previous version they were annoying but generally livable and I noticed them a lot.

Hook

Larry Hookins

3 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

Interesting, as the CJ4 is based on the PL21 avionics whereas they could have done the Cessna Latitude and updated the G3000 they are developing for the TBM. I doubt many casual users could tell the difference between a G3000 and a G5000, not to mention it is highly unlikely they will be feature rich simulations of the avionics. 

Maybe the CJ4 was an AI airplane in those early shots.

50 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I cannot say if the watermarks have been dimmed, but on my two short flights since the update I don't even notice them unless I'm looking for them.  I don't know if they've changed them, or if I've gotten used to them.  In the previous version they were annoying but generally livable and I noticed them a lot.

Thanks for the information, this wouldn't be too surprising considering the amount of complains about the watermarks being obstructive. I guess we can make a comparison once next week's screenshots are posted.

• Like 1