Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

JULY 9TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

4 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

There are several aircraft which seem absent from the apha : the Icon A5, the Murdy Cap 10C, the CJ4 and the PA18 Cub. Too early to draw any conclusion, I surmise that they still are on the working bench.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What's up with the never ending obsession with the watermarks?  Everyone in this Forum must know,  or should know that they are only embedded to enforce the NDA, and will be GONE once this new sim is released to the cash-paying public!  Can you all give it a rest? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

What's up with the never ending obsession with the watermarks?  Everyone in this Forum must know,  or should know that they are only embedded to enforce the NDA, and will be GONE once this new sim is released to the cash-paying public!  Can you all give it a rest? 

Nah, Bruh, 'cuz...

immersion.jpg

• Like 1

Chris

I’ll take the sim as is right now.

Once we can purchase PMDG’s NGXu and Just Flights 747 classic for FSXX, forget the rest. 

I know a few people have expressed concern that alpha 5 seems a little underwhelming. I think if you look at the release notes at the items that have been addressed, though, there are some pretty significant fundamental features that have gotten much needed polish. A lot of flight model and avionics/system tweaks this round. This is a solid update and getting more excited as beta and the release gets closer. I do notice that the tree scaling isn't mentioned in the notes. Given that they alluded to a fix in last week's update I have faith that it is being addressed, perhaps by the beta build if not this last alpha. It is all looking very good!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Chris

They were obviously planning to have the Icon a5 and others available at release, or it wouldn’t have been shown in the trailer. Judging by all the tweaking to the flight model and the polish for alpha 5, my guess is they are responding to testers calls for improved realism. I would rather have fewer, more polished aircraft than lots with questionable flight behaviours. 

The main thing for me is making sure the immersion isn’t killed through odd aircraft behaviours on ground or in the air. That, and good FPS!

it’s all looking very promising 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

There are several aircraft which seem absent from the apha : the Icon A5, the Murdy Cap 10C, the CJ4 and the PA18 Cub. Too early to draw any conclusion, I surmise that they still are on the working bench.

This is my guess, as well. Most of us here have extrapolated from the announcement trailers that all aircraft we saw would be available on release, but they've never (at least, to my knowledge) actually said they'd be ready to go by that time.

For all we know these other aircraft will be worked on in the year after release as extras for the store, or possibly as free updates, or maybe they'll ignore some altogether and leave it to 3rd party companies. 

The first thing I noticed in this update was the water color (actually, I noticed it in the Lake Powell shots in the previous update). They're clearly continuing to add the "polish" w/ the environment. I'm sure there will be much more polishing needed over the coming years, but that's what this project seems to really be about, doesn't it? Creating an AI program that can recreate the world more accurately over time as they continue to learn and tweak the program.

I'd still prefer they increase the tree size, though ;p

Is anyone still getting invited to the alpha? Every update it says invites are going out but on here it seems dead. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I’m just going to wait for release. Experiencing this for the first time, without water marks, all polished up. It’s going to be amazing.

Thanks to the alpha testers for the hard work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This thing is nowhere near going into beta imo and that's as much dirty laundry that I am going to air here.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

7 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

ASOBO has enough problems with the other jets. The last thing they need to do right now is focus on adding yet another one for release. Fix what's there so there's no issues with the release. That's my view right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

This thing is nowhere near going into beta imo and that's as much dirty laundry that I am going to air here.

I'm in the alpha and disagree. The feature set is there and it's better than any current default sim. The point of a beta is to polish what's there and that's where MSFS is in my opinion. I'm hoping for a 3-4 month beta period where they iron everything out for a fall release.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bonchie said:

I'm in the alpha and disagree. The feature set is there and it's better than any current default sim. The point of a beta is to polish what's there and that's where MSFS is in my opinion. I'm hoping for a 3-4 month beta period where they iron everything out for a fall release.

I am too and like I said, not going to get into the p*****ing contest with you over it on Avsim. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I am too and like I said, not going to get into the p*****ing contest with you over it on Avsim. 

Then don't pick a fight. No-one asked you to say whether it's ready or not. If you aren't interested in discussing the topic, your post counts as trolling.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

7 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Then don't pick a fight. No-one asked you to say whether it's ready or not. If you aren't interested in discussing the topic, your post counts as trolling.

There's no fight here and clearly no chance to discuss the details here without breaching the NDAs, simple. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.