Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

JULY 9TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

To me, its a great update...  water colors and building reflections...looking good.

The future mentioned ray tracing can take care of my main issue (graphics wise).

I seem to recall them saying there would be 3rd party aircraft available at release so we have no idea what all will suddenly show up.  I too am hoping for a bizjet.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

17 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

FLIGHT MODEL  

The engine/propeller effects on all propeller planes has been improved for P-Factor, Torque, Gyro-Precession, and Prop Wash  
Flap lift and drag adjustments across all planes were made 
Belly landings are now possible for the Bonanza G36 
Overall A320 Fly By Wire (FBW) improvements continued 
TBM 930 Engine torque adjustments made 
Ongoing improvement to the ground effect formula to improve the overall “realism”

Those lines ake me feel positive about the flight model.

The amount of detail indicates great potential.

So let's go bush flying with some mates!

18 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

Screenshot_91-scaled.jpg

• Upvote 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

9 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

"Each build will have a specific set of content/functionality meant to provide a slice of the overall experience."

"These builds will be time gated and limited to a specific number of Insiders. Participants in these builds will vary with each release so if you are not selected for one, that does not mean you will be excluded from others."

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029358432-What-is-a-Preview-Build-Technical-Alpha-Beta-

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

I think not, because beta will be still closed, not public.

Closed just means you need to be invited to play it, that doesn't mean there's an NDA.

For example, one of Microsoft's other products "Halo The Master Chief Collection" has 'Closed Betas' all the time, but there's no NDA on the tests, people are free to record, stream or take screenshots.

Now mind you, all the games in that release are not new games, they've just been repackaged and updated, so that might be a determining factor.

Edited by Tuskin38

I suspect there will be a limited lifting of the NDA with the beta.

19 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Closed just means you need to be invited to play it, that doesn't mean there's an NDA.

For example, one of Microsoft's other products "Halo The Master Chief Collection" has 'Closed Betas' all the time, but there's no NDA on the tests, people are free to record, stream or take screenshots.

Now mind you, all the games in that release are not new games, they've just been repackaged and updated, so that might be a determining factor.

I doubt they would raise the NDA for the beta version. At least not for all the testers. A little while ago they were asking media content creators to subscribe for something on their Discord. 

Maybe they will let those guys share some content.

No indication the NDA will be lifted on the internal forums. In fact, I think the beta will have the same amount of watermarks and will keep the beta as private as the alpha until the release.

14 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Yes, that might indeed be the case, but I have participated in multiple other alpha/beta programs and there were never such big and immersion breaking watermarks...

I imagine the watermarks will go when they are ready to let people post in-game media without an NDA.  In the meantime, you can thank the numerous people who leaked video of the alpha for the obtrusive watermarking.

• Like 1

Here is a question for the Alpha gang, and I doubt an answer would violate the NDA.  Is some means provided to blend or import logbook information from previous versions, or from perhaps an Excel spreadsheet?  I just spent some time cleaning up my both FSX and my Excel logbooks.  My excel logbook goes back to 1988, and in addition to MSFS versions over the years includes flights from Flight Assignment: ATP, and Sierra Pro Pilot.

With Dan Down's Logedit and countless hours spread over several years I have been able to assemble my log in FSX from all of those.  The ability to continue an existing logbook would be huge!  And Logedit has at least twice allowed me to resurrect a corrupted flight log file.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The 4 videos posted on page 1 are still working. The reason for the video quality has been explained many times.

Perhaps. But with the evident quality of the sim, videos like that are far from providing any accurate representation and should not see a public light of day.  Dangerous in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

great update, loved all the content and updates.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:20 PM, reignman40 said:

Also that picture from inside a building with luggage is interesting. Could this be part of a mission? Could it be a multiplayer lobby of some kind? 

I believe that is the Sirena Ranger Station in Costa Rica...there has been at least one other pic of it released before I think.  It's hard to keep track of all of the things we've seen now.  Sirena is one of those places that has gotten "special attention" it seems.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 hours ago, fppilot said:

Here is a question for the Alpha gang, and I doubt an answer would violate the NDA.  Is some means provided to blend or import logbook information from previous versions, or from perhaps an Excel spreadsheet?  I just spent some time cleaning up my both FSX and my Excel logbooks.  My excel logbook goes back to 1988, and in addition to MSFS versions over the years includes flights from Flight Assignment: ATP, and Sierra Pro Pilot.

With Dan Down's Logedit and countless hours spread over several years I have been able to assemble my log in FSX from all of those.  The ability to continue an existing logbook would be huge!  And Logedit has at least twice allowed me to resurrect a corrupted flight log file.

Saying yes or no to this question would definitely violate my NDA but I really love your idea

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of NDA, I have wondered how hard it is to stand behind it? It is very common, even here in these forums. Do you leakers get some kicks for leaking? Remember a tiny tiny leak is considered a LEAK.

I just felt I had to leak this out...

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
Typo

I think they get kicks out of causing watermarks and Christmas lights on the screen- useless