Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

JULY 9TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

29 minutes ago, eelis said:

Speaking of NDA, I have wondered how hard it is to stand behind it? It is very common, even here in these forums. Do you leakers get some kicks for leaking? Remember a tiny tiny leak is considered a LEAK.

I just felt I had to leak this out...

-eelis-

Or, maybe, who knows ?, they want to share their happiness  to fly FS20 with others on this forum who are not in the alpha, that they know will appreciate. I don’t call these small bits of infos leaks but winks. Thanks to them. I do appreciate. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 7/9/2020 at 11:09 PM, fmloyola said:

CPU: 25%

GPU: 81%

RAM: 61%

FPS: 30

Anyone have an ideia about this pc specs and resolution??

If I had to guess, 12 core cpu, 1080ti, 32gb ram, 1440p

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

33 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Or, maybe, who knows ?, they want to share their happiness  to fly FS20 with others on this forum who are not in the alpha, that they know will appreciate. I don’t call these small bits of infos leaks but winks. Thanks to them. I do appreciate. 

Exactly!

I've done my share of winks here, while I've tried really hard to be discrete and not actually leak anything specific that has not already been shown by the developers.  My biggest wink to date has been that I'm pretty happy at how well the sim runs on my older PC (I just wanted to let others here know that they might want to try the sim before spending a lot on upgrading/purchasing).

I had been experiencing a major bug that was making it nearly impossible to fly, so I hadn't been able to do much testing for awhile. But I finally figured out how to fix the problem late last night and then had my best flying experience to date. I would love to share the video I made of that flight, bush flying in the Utah mountains . . . which was so very challenging. but so much fun!  [You're going to love this!].

• Like 12

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

13 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I've done my share of winks

Its not really worth it. And in the end, not appreciated, apparently.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

22 hours ago, Drumcode said:

This thing is nowhere near going into beta imo and that's as much dirty laundry that I am going to air here.

You are in a way breaking NDA by talking about the game you are testing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Exactly!

I've done my share of winks here, while I've tried really hard to be discrete and not actually leak anything specific that has not already been shown by the developers.  My biggest wink to date has been that I'm pretty happy at how well the sim runs on my older PC (I just wanted to let others here know that they might want to try the sim before spending a lot on upgrading/purchasing).

I had been experiencing a major bug that was making it nearly impossible to fly, so I hadn't been able to do much testing for awhile. But I finally figured out how to fix the problem late last night and then had my best flying experience to date. I would love to share the video I made of that flight, bush flying in the Utah mountains . . . which was so very challenging. but so much fun!  [You're going to love this!].

Having the same equipment 4770+1080, I sure appreciated your feedback. And, as Larry, your obvious pleasure to fly the boonies. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, eelis said:

Speaking of NDA, I have wondered how hard it is to stand behind it? It is very common, even here in these forums. Do you leakers get some kicks for leaking? Remember a tiny tiny leak is considered a LEAK.

I just felt I had to leak this out...

-eelis-

Maybe somebodies felt a little pinch in their hearts or probably not, but needed an explanation to share. If you are agreed to NDA, are you to break it even a tiniets bit, is this person trusted any more?

There are bigger things in this world than a game agreement violation, so for my part, I will end this maybe a little off topic talk here.

I cannot of course deny, and are not allowed to deny anybody to answer to this if they want and, I'm sure, feel they need.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
Typo

5 hours ago, Arwen said:

I would love to share the video I made of that flight, bush flying in the Utah mountains . . . which was so very challenging. but so much fun!  [You're going to love this!].

As someone from Northern Utah, you've made my day. Flying around my state in a cub is the first thing I'm planning to do, and this reignites my excitement!!

The trees on the mountains in the last video (farm1) seem to regularly pop textures. Yyet I can't exactly say what is happening.  Did anyone else notice that?

23 minutes ago, frankla said:

The trees on the mountains in the last video (farm1) seem to regularly pop textures. Yyet I can't exactly say what is happening.  Did anyone else notice that?

360p   bitrate 759 kb/s . no pop texture, its only pixel

23 minutes ago, daelight said:

I come here for the daily salt intake

Salt is bad for you.  It raises your blood pressure. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

On 7/10/2020 at 2:42 AM, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm sooo disappointed... I really believed Cessna CJ4 will be added to MSFS as in early announcements, but I guess everyone has already forgotten about that bizjet. Not even a word from Asobo... So as the next step is closed beta, we can assume, that the CJ4 is gone...?

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm a huge biz jet fan, and not having one on day 1 will be a letdown for sure.

My thinking: Asobo probably did most/all of the 3D modeling for the CJ4 before coding systems (they showed a very early CJ4 cabin model in Episode 4 on cockpits, see 3:53 timestamp if you're interested), realized the PL21 was far too complex and different from the Garmin avionics in their other planes, got tied up fixing myriad other problems to get this sim out the door, and ultimately decided to put the CJ4 on hold or release it as an AI plane instead (or maybe release it as paid DLC in the future). As they already had a working G3000 for the TBM 930, the far better move IMHO would have been to model literally any one of the other larger Citation jets with the G5000. Yes, it would have required some substantial work to bring the G3000 to the specs of the G5000, but it's nowhere near the amount of work to accurately model PL21 avionics. Let Eaglesoft and Milviz tackle that.

Another hint that we may not see CJ4 - in Episode 8, they mention that GA aircraft will feature Garmin avionics; no mention of PL21, and CJ4 doesn't come equipped (can't be retrofitted?) with Garmin stuff. BUT, Damien DID mention support for G5000, indicating that a larger biz jet may be forthcoming.

But honestly, Asobo has pleasantly surprised me so many times with previews of this sim that I wouldn't be surprised if they have something amazing up their sleeves for the biz jet fandom.

-Elliot

• Like 2

Intel Core i9 10900k @ 5.1 GHz / Asus Maximus Hero XII / Nvidia RTX 3090 FE / 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16-16-16-36 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB NVMe / Noctua NH-D15 / EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 / Honeycomb Alpha Yoke / CH Pro Pedals / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / HP Reverb G2

We need to see more tree variations, correct sale, more colors. It would be nice to have power lines. The next thing would be cars visuals improvement with better physics. Overall the SIM looks amazing and better every week.

Thanks

Evan

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, Arwen said:

I would love to share the video I made of that flight, bush flying in the Utah mountains . . . which was so very challenging. but so much fun!  [You're going to love this!].

See, THIS is the kind of video I've been wanting to see from Microsoft for the past few months!!!!!  Do they just hate bush flying?  Show us some bush flying already!!!!  😁