Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

JULY 9TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

8 minutes ago, ap1 said:

As far as I can tell there won’t be a default 737 but obliviously there will be a default A320 neo which is also a good aircraft.  It also looks like the A320 will be pretty realistic for default with the FMS including the LNAV and VNAV functions.  And of course SIDS and STARS are included with updated NavData for free I think.

I think we can safely say there will not be a default 737 certainly not on launch anyway as people are now pre ordering partly based on the aircraft listed with each version so can’t see any changes there.

Same for the Navdata/charts. To not mention a fee at this point would cause some serious uproar to throw that fee in after purchase.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Carts85 said:

I think we can safely say there will not be a default 737 certainly not on launch anyway as people are now pre ordering partly based on the aircraft listed with each version so can’t see any changes there.

Same for the Navdata/charts. To not mention a fee at this point would cause some serious uproar to throw that fee in after purchase.

At least we get a 747, 787 and an Airbus to start while we wait for the 3rd party versions.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

MSFS 2020 represents a major leap in technology to improve the sim experience. An initial release cannot include every plane imaginable and every possible detailed special effect that we currently enjoy in FSX and other platforms. This is the beginning of a new generation for flight simming. Extra planes, features etc. will come as the mix with 3rd party developers come on board. For me, aspects of the weather, sky conditions and detail in the basic land and water scenery for the “entire world and all airports” is going to be remarkable for VFR flying. I anticipate that all the bells and whistles that we enjoy in our current sim platforms will be added to 2020 in due time. 

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

I was able to compress a 35 second portion of my 1440p original takeoff from a remote Idaho strip to 720p, which I was able to add on the Apha Testers forum. The quality is not great, but it gives you some idea of what bush vlying in this new sim is like. Perhaps I'll win the video lottery.

But after today's shocker release date disclosure, I'd be surprised if anyone still cares about a short low quallity video. But, hey, I kept my word and tried my best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

2 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

At least we get a 747, 787 and an Airbus to start while we wait for the 3rd party versions.

Are people really going to fly a default airliner? 

I can see flying one of the default GA aircraft as those are pretty simple anyway. But an airliner with hardly any systems depth would make me miss advanced stuff all the time while flying.

i don’t think I could get past that. 

I think many hard core airliner types feel the same as you do.  But many others don’t need all the detail.  Different strokes...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, flycln said:

I can see flying one of the default GA aircraft as those are pretty simple anyway. But an airliner with hardly any systems depth would make me miss advanced stuff all the time while flying.

i don’t think I could get past that. 

Not everyone needs the full system depth from the likes of PMDG, and Asobo appears to have built default aircraft with more depth than previous sims.

• Like 6

I think I'd prefer more GA variants even if of mild quality then more airliners which are kind of all the same to fly. More GA represents more options of the type of flying. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flycln said:

Yes, why not? You have to forget an experience with default jets in previous version of sims. In MSFS are default jet planes on completely new level. For example, working FMC, LNAV, VNAV, speed management etc... For many people it will be enough and everything what they need for flying with big planes. No everyone needs simulate system failures or working backup systems etd.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, goates said:

Not everyone needs the full system depth from the likes of PMDG, and Asobo appears to have built default aircraft with more depth than previous sims.

4 hours ago, flycln said:

I’ve never really understood, what is system depth and how an airliner is deeper than GA ? An open question.

The airliner has some equipments that a GA aircraft doesn’t have like a FMS but the navigation/engine managements are basically automation management. Don’t make me wrong, I wouldn’t derate it as pushing buttons . It is interesting. But I would call it  complexity more than depth though.

Managing a turbine driving props seems to me have more depth in terms of interacting with your aircraft. Case in point. FS20 has several turboprops, the TBM, Caravan and  unexpectedly the 350i (Milviz ?). I look forward to see what kind of job Asobo has done to manage the engine from startup to descent. The P3DFSX  is not so good at it, Majestic had to use an external engine to get something faithful to the real thing.  Rob Young did wonder with the T-Duke but couldn’t achieve all of what he wanted (re the manual).

Plain flying. I invite you to land a Cub in a strong Xwind and report. Depth you want, depth you get.

Lets say that FS20 will have simpler airliners. But do all the 3PD simcraft have everything like flying a  DME arc for instance ? Asobo airliners as simple as they will be, if I judge by what we know, will be a good introduction to the more complex products, like FSL  or PMDG. As a GA flyer I welcome it. I want to try.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

Yes, why not? You have to forget an experience with default jets in previous version of sims. In MSFS are default jet planes on completely new level. For example, working FMC, LNAV, VNAV, speed management etc... For many people it will be enough and everything what they need for flying with big planes. No everyone needs simulate system failures or working backup systems etd.

On a completely new level, huh? 

The only way you could really judge that would be to have tested them. But there’s an NDA in place. Which might also keep me from telling you what I think about the default planes in MSFS. 

Let’s just put it this way: I’m not going to fly any default airliners in MSFS. 

Edited by flycln

1 minute ago, flycln said:

The only way you could really judge that would be to have tested them. But there’s an NDA in place. Which might also keep me from telling you what I think about the default planes in MSFS. 

Yes, completely new level. Or do you know any older default jet with working FMC, weather radar, cockpit graphic detail and etc. in previous version of sim 😉

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, flycln said:

Let’s just put it this way: I’m not going to fly any default airliners in MSFS. 

You are one of the few then IMO. Me also ain't gonna fly airliners very often, but the reason is different, I like to fly GA planes the most. 😉

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

24 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Yes, completely new level. Or do you know any older default jet with working FMC, weather radar, cockpit graphic detail and etc. in previous version of sim 😉

I honestly haven’t flown a default airliner in like ten years so I can’t even say for sure. But that doesn’t mean that even a “new level” would be good enough, right? 😉 Again, it’s rather pointless to discuss until the NDA is lifted. 

48 minutes ago, flycln said:

I honestly haven’t flown a default airliner in like ten years so I can’t even say for sure. But that doesn’t mean that even a “new level” would be good enough, right? 😉 Again, it’s rather pointless to discuss until the NDA is lifted. 

We can discuss without NDA break, because we have enough informations from official video. So it's sure, that default jet will be on much higher level, than before. Maybe you not saw all vids?

Edited by ludekbrno