Sign in to follow this  
saskarider

Windows 10 ver 2004 issue

Ever since i upgraded to Win 10 ver 2020 I'm getting this.  "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gaming overlay" pop up window when loading SIM. .I just ignore it but it keeps popping up if i select a ant menus etc. Just annoying. 

Wayne Larsen

Do you have the XBox, (or is it Playstation?) 'app' enabled. I still can't figure out why that is relevant to a PC

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

OMG thanks Ron that is what it was the Xbox game bar BS I just disabled it and unchecked "open Xbox Game Bar using this button on an controller" Yeah your right there is no relevance to Xbox on, well my PC anyways. Thanks again bud. 

Wayne Larsen

Do what I did go into regedit and delete all entries of xbox got rid of that cr#*

10 hours ago, airservices said:

Do what I did go into regedit and delete all entries of xbox got rid of that cr#*

Or just go into the Settings app and turn it off with a simple switch? 

@Ron Attwood Microsoft uses Xbox branding for gaming on PC as well nowadays. Their full on Xbox app is basically a game launcher comparable to Steam. They also use the same branding for their ingame overlay which allows for some relatively neat stuff without having to install another overlay. Which is all not very relevant if you never use it of course, but it is just Microsoft trying to up their game in the gaming space and providing functionality right out of the box.

Edited by Prpn

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Ron uses XBOX?  ... 42 indeed.

Cheers, Rob.

Er, no. I disabled it.

12 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I still can't figure out why that is relevant to a PC

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.