Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

anyone tried a saved flight in P3dv5 ?

As above , i have a really hard time finding the actually Zulu-time as recorded in the flight

Normally i would just load the flight and it would put me to the time of saved flight in Zulutime

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

8 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

As above , i have a really hard time finding the actually Zulu-time as recorded in the flight

Normally i would just load the flight and it would put me to the time of saved flight in Zulutime

Michael Moe

There is an option to use system time when you load a scenario. This option is a check box called "Use system time for Default Scenerio" located in the "Options > Application (General)" page.  If it is checked, it will load the flight with your computer time.  If you do not check it, then it will load the time the flight was saved.  For UTC time you will have to check the "UTC Time box each time you load a flight.  The other option is to set your computer to the UTC time zone. Then the time will be Zulu time all the time.

There is a program from SimElite Solutions called "Real time Flight Manager" that will set the correct local time at the airport you're starting at.  I used it in FSX and it worked fine.  They just released it for P3DV5, haven't tried it yet. They also sell a program call Time Zone Fixer as well that will set the proper time around the FSX / P3D world to match up with the time zones in the real world. 

I do not know if I answered your question, but I passed on all the info I know about time for P3DV5. I hope this helps.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Thanks but strangely even the flight loaded with default "system time equal" brings up a different zulu time way off.

Very strange

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I can't imagine this has changed in any of the P3D versions. When you save a flight the date and time is stored with it. I don't have v5 but I can't see this being any different to v4.

Have the option to show the Scenario screen and after loading your saved flight adjust the date and time to suit. There is a program named Time Zone Fixer which provided alternative BGLs that corrected some time zone anomalies. That might help unless L-M corrected them in v5.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I can't imagine this has changed in any of the P3D versions. When you save a flight the date and time is stored with it. I don't have v5 but I can't see this being any different to v4.

Have the option to show the Scenario screen and after loading your saved flight adjust the date and time to suit. There is a program named Time Zone Fixer which provided alternative BGLs that corrected some time zone anomalies. That might help unless L-M corrected them in v5.

Hi Ray, changing the time in the load up scenario screen to local UTC time doesnt work here.Maybe its a Fslabs A320 issue.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

As Ray mentioned the date and time is saved with a saved flight. If it's anything like FSX:SE and it might be... just saying:-

Any time I load up a saved flight from the start menu - that flight reverts back to the date and time I saved it. For example I have some cold & dark flights saved for different aircraft. If I load one of those in the that date and time is from last year or before!! :wink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

5 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

As Ray mentioned the date and time is saved with a saved flight. If it's anything like FSX:SE and it might be... just saying:-

Any time I load up a saved flight from the start menu - that flight reverts back to the date and time I saved it. For example I have some cold & dark flights saved for different aircraft. If I load one of those in the that date and time is from last year or before!! :wink:

I wish it did exactly that

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

11 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi Ray, changing the time in the load up scenario screen to local UTC time doesnt work here.Maybe its a Fslabs A320 issue.

Michael Moe

Michael, I’m not clear the steps you’re taking here. Can you list the actions you take and the order you take them in?

You can check if FSL do anything different by saving a scenario using a default aircraft and see if it does anything different.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Michael, I’m not clear the steps you’re taking here. Can you list the actions you take and the order you take them in?

You can check if FSL do anything different by saving a scenario using a default aircraft and see if it does anything different.

I will test some more. I just loadup a saved flight.i have the system time equal real time local setup in P3D. If i just loadup the flight from a daytime saved it reverts zulu time to way of at night . If i then manually change to UTC local in the scenario screen it just randomized another time.

Might be a broken save so will test default.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Michael, sorry but this is too vague to follow. Please be precise. Once the Scenario screen is visible what is the date / time? Current presumably. What airport are you at?

So then you load a saved flight. Does that place you at a different airport? You’re still on the Scenario screen. What is the date / time now showing?

What airport are you at? What is the time difference to Zulu? Remember British time is currently Z+1.

Only giving as much info as possible will it make easy for us to work out what is going on.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry but restart PC and another saved flight date and time match now the saved time.

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Michael. Good, just a rogue saved Scenario then. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather