Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Qw 787 Lnav/ Vnav

So I bought the qw 787

sofar so good with performance , apart from my assigned flightplan altitude hold at 31000ft was overshot and the aircraft kept climbing and overspeeding.

and weather radar with asp3d not working I think.

thoughts please

thanks 

mike

Which P3D version?

I'm flying the QW 787 on V5 w/ HF2. It flies exactly as designed to, at the very least, but it is not without its flaws:

1. The windshield is black on loading, solved by disabling TrueGlass. 

2. Lighting in the cockpit is a bit inconvenient from time to time, solved by disabling Real Light and disabling HDR OR playing around with the Bloom level.

3. Aircraft struggles to follow VNAV descent. However, the aircraft is very slippery in reality. The solutions are either be generous with speed brakes OR just use FLCH mode, way better. 

4. I am struggling with the RNAV approaches, I have no idea why and would be glad if there was a tutorial online for it. I do not have this issue with Aerosoft Airbus. 

5. ASP3D is beta, so you would expect issues. It works better when you don't use EA clouds in V5. Also, if it does not work, make sure that you are pointing your qw787.cfg to the ASP3D folder. 

• Like 1

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

Lenovo Legion Y740 - CPU: i7-9750H @ 2.60 GHz | RAM: 16 GB | Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2060 6 GB | SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB

4 hours ago, Fly089 said:

Which P3D version?

I'm flying the QW 787 on V5 w/ HF2. It flies exactly as designed to, at the very least, but it is not without its flaws:

1. The windshield is black on loading, solved by disabling TrueGlass. 

2. Lighting in the cockpit is a bit inconvenient from time to time, solved by disabling Real Light and disabling HDR OR playing around with the Bloom level.

3. Aircraft struggles to follow VNAV descent. However, the aircraft is very slippery in reality. The solutions are either be generous with speed brakes OR just use FLCH mode, way better. 

4. I am struggling with the RNAV approaches, I have no idea why and would be glad if there was a tutorial online for it. I do not have this issue with Aerosoft Airbus. 

5. ASP3D is beta, so you would expect issues. It works better when you don't use EA clouds in V5. Also, if it does not work, make sure that you are pointing your qw787.cfg to the ASP3D folder. 

Hi, using v5hf2 having same issues as you mentioned and also the overshooting the cruise altitude and speed.
do the devs ever  come here and chime in?

thanks 

mike

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Most of the issues are very solvable by ourselves. At least the ones I pointed out. Point 1 and 2 are solved, it involves disabling TrueGlass and Real Light, these are in beta and mentioned by the devs. Can't do much about beta, bugs can and will happen. Point 3, the concern is based on the real life modelling of the aircraft, you can't do anything, unless you want to tinker with the aircraft cfg file, which I strongly recommend that you do not do so. Point 4 is a personal thing, I just need to learn lol. Point 5 is as mentioned, ASP3D is beta, so expect issues. You can log these issues over at the Hi Fly forum, where devs are constantly taking note and new updates are released. 

As for the QualityWings Devs, you'll find support over at the QW forum, where devs directly interact with users. They're preparing the next hotfix for V5 already which should address a lot of the things above with exception to TrueGlass and Real Light as these are stand alone software. 

I have never experienced the 788, 789 or the dash 10 overshooting the cruise altitude or overspeeding yet on any of my flights. Would you be able to replicate this in a video? The reason for this is, you can then check your FMC settings, or how you setup the aircraft for takeoff and its cruise profile etc.. Have you tried their tutorial flight given in the documentation? 

My personal trick is to always try and be one step ahead of the aircraft's behavior. It is a slippery bird and loves to speed both on the ground and in the air. 

• Like 1

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

Lenovo Legion Y740 - CPU: i7-9750H @ 2.60 GHz | RAM: 16 GB | Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2060 6 GB | SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB

1 hour ago, Fly089 said:

Hi Mike,

Most of the issues are very solvable by ourselves. At least the ones I pointed out. Point 1 and 2 are solved, it involves disabling TrueGlass and Real Light, these are in beta and mentioned by the devs. Can't do much about beta, bugs can and will happen. Point 3, the concern is based on the real life modelling of the aircraft, you can't do anything, unless you want to tinker with the aircraft cfg file, which I strongly recommend that you do not do so. Point 4 is a personal thing, I just need to learn lol. Point 5 is as mentioned, ASP3D is beta, so expect issues. You can log these issues over at the Hi Fly forum, where devs are constantly taking note and new updates are released. 

As for the QualityWings Devs, you'll find support over at the QW forum, where devs directly interact with users. They're preparing the next hotfix for V5 already which should address a lot of the things above with exception to TrueGlass and Real Light as these are stand alone software. 

I have never experienced the 788, 789 or the dash 10 overshooting the cruise altitude or overspeeding yet on any of my flights. Would you be able to replicate this in a video? The reason for this is, you can then check your FMC settings, or how you setup the aircraft for takeoff and its cruise profile etc.. Have you tried their tutorial flight given in the documentation? 

My personal trick is to always try and be one step ahead of the aircraft's behavior. It is a slippery bird and loves to speed both on the ground and in the air. 

Thanks for the informative answer, I will do another flight and check my preflight settings are all correct and try again. 
and i will record the climb and see if it happens again.

thanks

mike

• Like 1

Well I tried another flight 

sooo it levelled off at 38000ft

and then just started climbing to 45000ft

and overspeeding.

auto step climbs is set to off.

what is going on??

thanks 

mike 

Why don't you post your issues at the QW forum?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Oh will mate, paid over 100 bucks for this and wow just wow.

i was skeptical about buying this.

gees.

mike

• Like 1

Anyone else have issues like I have above?

also the weight desired lbs or kg does not save.

posted also on their forums, still waiting for a response.

thanks 

mike

Hi Mike,

I completed a flight just now and did not face anything such as overspeed or overshooting the cruise altitude. Let's see what the devs have to say. I'm also logged in the QW Forum. Where have you posted your issue? Just so we can keep a tab on it. 

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

How do you disable real light? I can't fly during night because the nav lights look horrible on the tarmac.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, Fly089 said:

Hi Mike,

I completed a flight just now and did not face anything such as overspeed or overshooting the cruise altitude. Let's see what the devs have to say. I'm also logged in the QW Forum. Where have you posted your issue? Just so we can keep a tab on it. 

I might try reinstalling.

its under the Flight controls and autopilot sub heading.

Lnav/vnav issues

cheers

mike

44 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How do you disable real light? I can't fly during night because the nav lights look horrible on the tarmac.

It’s under your addon sub heading top of screen. Drop down menu disable true light.

I think ,  or reinstall and select not to install.

mike

• Like 2

Also noticing with liveries form their website may need to be updated? The logo lights do not illuminate.

i have downloaded a livery from initibuilds

and with one of their liveries the logo light does illuminate.

thoughts?

thanks 

mike