Well I tried another flight 

sooo it levelled off at 38000ft

and then just started climbing to 45000ft

and overspeeding.

auto step climbs is set to off.

what is going on??

thanks 

mike 

Hi, as far as I know max FL is 431 or 430.

Ralf Andreas

14 minutes ago, cseu said:

Hi, as far as I know max FL is 431 or 430.

Yes! Correct.

which baffles me as to why it climbs to 45000ft and levels off.

ive reinstalled and yet to do a flight.

i have no response as of yet on the qw forums.

and ya it’s the weekend, but if you run a business you work 24/7 no excuses.

believe you me I know what it’s like.

cheers

mike

which FL was entered into PERF FMC Page and what Altitude was indicated in AP ALT window?

Ralf Andreas

1 minute ago, cseu said:

which FL was entered into PERF FMC Page and what Altitude was indicated in AP ALT window?

380000ft was set, no auto step climb enabled 

cheers 

Anyone else care to chime in please?

any support is appreciated 

thanks

mike

18 hours ago, mikeymike said:

I might try reinstalling.

its under the Flight controls and autopilot sub heading.

Lnav/vnav issues

cheers

mike

Hi Mike. Found your post and the discussion. From what I can see, I feel like a reinstall would be the best as you had mentioned yourself. The version 1.3.0 is what works best for V5 HF2. I've completed another flight since then, again it has worked flawlessly. The VNAV is as usual slippery. Hope the devs see and fix.

15 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Also noticing with liveries form their website may need to be updated? The logo lights do not illuminate.

i have downloaded a livery from initibuilds

and with one of their liveries the logo light does illuminate.

thoughts?

thanks 

mike

The liveries from QW work fine with logo lights at night. I'm guessing post-reinstall, everything might just come together 🙂 

Let us know if you've succeeded. I would recommend that you do their tutorial flight as given in the documentation. Do this, so that you know what systems work and what systems do not. Also, when I go the 787 for the first time, I concentrated between just 2 airports close enough for high altitude flying so that I could see what systems worked. 

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

Lenovo Legion Y740 - CPU: i7-9750H @ 2.60 GHz | RAM: 16 GB | Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2060 6 GB | SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB

18 hours ago, captain420 said:

How do you disable real light? I can't fly during night because the nav lights look horrible on the tarmac.

To disable Real Light, go to your Qw 787 dispatcher, where you normally install liveries etc. Within that you will have 2 check-box options for Real Light and High VAS panels. 

• Like 1

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

Lenovo Legion Y740 - CPU: i7-9750H @ 2.60 GHz | RAM: 16 GB | Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2060 6 GB | SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB

20 hours ago, captain420 said:

How do you disable real light? I can't fly during night because the nav lights look horrible on the tarmac.

Also, forgot to mention that Real Light has nothing to do with the external lights of the aircraft. The reason the NAV and Strobes look that way is because V5 HotFix 2 made some changes that messed with the configuration of the QW 787. Try using your 787 at a default non-addon airport and you'll see that the lights are fine. Most of the addon airports have recently updated to V5 only by way of changing the installers and exclusions for the BGL files, most of the addon airports have NOT: updated dynamic lighting, updated PBR textures for the airports etc.. So when you use your 787 there, the lights look terrible. 

QW devs are working on fixing this, they have a solution. 

• Like 1

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

49 minutes ago, Fly089 said:

Also, forgot to mention that Real Light has nothing to do with the external lights of the aircraft. The reason the NAV and Strobes look that way is because V5 HotFix 2 made some changes that messed with the configuration of the QW 787. Try using your 787 at a default non-addon airport and you'll see that the lights are fine. Most of the addon airports have recently updated to V5 only by way of changing the installers and exclusions for the BGL files, most of the addon airports have NOT: updated dynamic lighting, updated PBR textures for the airports etc.. So when you use your 787 there, the lights look terrible. 

QW devs are working on fixing this, they have a solution. 

Thanks for the reply.

ok so I have reinstalled and logo lights are back.

I did a quick take off test  no flight plan and set altitude 31000 heading select and A/T 

now the aircraft did level off at 31000, thou the speed which was set at 310kts did not maintain ,it kept speeding up.

thanks 

mike

34 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks for the reply.

I did a quick take off test  no flight plan and set altitude 31000 heading select and A/T 

now the aircraft did level off at 31000, thou the speed which was set at 310kts did not maintain ,it kept speeding up.

thanks 

mike

Glad to hear this Mike! Good stride forward I should say. Speed is still not being maintained? I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this is happening. I'd still suggest to do either the tutorial flight plan or make a flight plan between 2 airports and keep flying until you see what systems are not working. 

Additionally, where have you purchased the 787? If purchased from Flight1, they are fairly quick in keeping the installation updated to the latest files provided by QW. 

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

2 minutes ago, Fly089 said:

Glad to hear this Mike! Good stride forward I should say. Speed is still not being maintained? I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this is happening. I'd still suggest to do either the tutorial flight plan or make a flight plan between 2 airports and keep flying until you see what systems are not working. 

Additionally, where have you purchased the 787? If purchased from Flight1, they are fairly quick in keeping the installation updated to the latest files provided by QW. 

Thanks for responding.

I will conduct a short  flight when I get the chance. And report back.

and I’ll read over the manual again perhaps I skipped something which I doubt.

i have many many hours on the 777, now i would think it would not be much different from that.

thanks 

mike

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks for responding.

I will conduct a short  flight when I get the chance. And report back.

and I’ll read over the manual again perhaps I skipped something which I doubt.

i have many many hours on the 777, now i would think it would not be much different from that.

thanks 

mike

That's awesome Mike! There are some differences between the 777 (especially if you use PMDG) and the 787. Its mostly the checklist flows, some knobs and switches (in PMDG allow for emergencies simulation and granular aircraft control), that is not there in 787. 

Apart from that, they are quite similar. The tutorials are honestly the best guide. 

Will wait to hear of your flight 🙂 

• Like 1

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks for the reply.

thanks 

mike

310kts at 31000? Would be venturing on over speed territory there surely, what was the Mach? What speed/nav modes are shown on the PFD? If you pull back the throttles, does engine power change?

3 hours ago, mrlip said:

310kts at 31000? Would be venturing on over speed territory there surely, what was the Mach? What speed/nav modes are shown on the PFD? If you pull back the throttles, does engine power change?

310 is close, thou it did not stop. It kept increasing in speed. It was set and shown in the pfd. Yes when I disconnect the auto throttle