Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Qw 787 Lnav/ Vnav

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

310 is close, thou it did not stop. It kept increasing in speed. It was set and shown in the pfd. Yes when I disconnect the auto throttle  

What was the speed mode shown on the PFD? SPD? Does it do the same when in VNAV PTH or VNAV SPD? 

And if you try to throttle back with the A/T engaged, I assume it doesn’t throttle back? Just a way to confirm AT is definitely fully engaged

11 minutes ago, mrlip said:

What was the speed mode shown on the PFD? SPD? Does it do the same when in VNAV PTH or VNAV SPD? 

And if you try to throttle back with the A/T engaged, I assume it doesn’t throttle back? Just a way to confirm AT is definitely fully engaged

It was showing 310. Have not set a complete flight with vnav path or vnav speed to test yet.

no did not throttle back. Was fully engaged.

thanks 

mike

56 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

It was showing 310. Have not set a complete flight with vnav path or vnav speed to test yet.

no did not throttle back. Was fully engaged.

thanks 

mike

I mean on the PFD not the MCP? So on the bar above the attitude display where HDG SEL is shown etc

23 minutes ago, mrlip said:

I mean on the PFD not the MCP? So on the bar above the attitude display where HDG SEL is shown etc

Ok I can’t recall, ill have to retest and snap some pics.

Thanks

mike 

On 7/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, mikeymike said:

Ok I can’t recall, ill have to retest and snap some pics.

Thanks

mike 

How to add pics on here lol 

also I must say how little feedback about this bird on here.

i am getting responses slowly but surely over the qw forum.

im assuming white a few people are using 787 without any issues in v5?

just don’t want to jump the gun  and get a refund.

cheers

mike

Edited by mikeymike

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

im assuming white a few people are using 787 without any issues in v5?

I haven't had the issues you have reported.  I've done a fair amount of Flights with it. In general it flies the route in the FMS and flies to the altitudes its supposed to. Not always as precisely as I would like , but in general it does what its supposed to.  I haven't seen it overshot altitudes or overspeed like your describing.

Something to try might be disable your joystick or controller after you turn on the autopilot and auto-throttle.   If the overspeeding etc behavior goes away then there is the possibly some sort of hardware incompatibility.  If the behavior persists, then its more likely problem with the addon itself.

If all else fails hopefully you're still within the refund period. 

Edited by JeffLewis4

1 hour ago, JeffLewis4 said:

I haven't had the issues you have reported.  I've done a fair amount of Flights with it. In general it flies the route in the FMS and flies to the altitudes its supposed to. Not always as precisely as I would like , but in general it does what its supposed to.  I haven't seen it overshot altitudes or overspeed like your describing.

Something to try might be disable your joystick or controller after you turn on the autopilot and auto-throttle.   If the overspeeding etc behavior goes away then there is the possibly some sort of hardware incompatibility.  If the behavior persists, then its more likely problem with the addon itself.

If all else fails hopefully you're still within the refund period. 

Thanks for the reply jeff

will try out the controllers and reset them.

and go front there.

i only bought it a few days ago so still within the refunding 30 day period.

thanks 

mike