Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

External view poor performance

Hi All,

I've noticed over the past few flights with the NGXu and QOTS II that in a number of circumstances the performance in the VC is much better than from the external view. It always used to be the other way around in V4 and I'm wondering if it has something to do with PBR. 

I'm running at 4K with textures at 2048 and generally have no issues maintaining 30+ frames, but the last couple of flights at Taxi2Gates VHHH andSimwings EGLL I've noticed that if I'm taxiing in the VC I'll be getting 40+ frames but switching to the external view gives me 15-20. This occurs even when looking at the same thing (i.e. in the same direction).

There is a thread discussing the same issue with the FSLabs A320 here (https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/25854-p3d-v5-external-view-performance/) where it was mentioned that unchecking MIP MAP VC textures assisted, and whilst that fixed the issue for me in the A320 the problem still exists within the PMDG birds.

Anybody experiencing the same?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Turning off Mip Maps is a terrible idea because it really messes up the VC cockpit views and the look of gauges. I have found that by creating a separate display configuration for the PMDG, FSLabs and Leonardo aircraft, with sliders moved a bit more to the left and things like dynamic texturing to off and cloud draw distance to 80 miles instead of default 90 miles, helps the inside and outside textures load a little better and helps the inside and outside FPS. At 35,000 feet do you need to see every last detail? On tubeliner flights all I want is the aircraft and the departure and arrival airports to look good. When I fly GA I crank the sliders back up.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I had a similar issue. Horrible performance in external views - fixed it by reinstalling after a fresh download of the installer from PMDG.

Thanks for the replies gents. Not sure theres any point in a reinstall of the PMDG birds as I literally just downloaded and installed them but I'm willing to give it a shot. Thanks

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs