Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Never saw anything like this before...

We've already had a week of 100 + degree weather.  Looks like at least another 10 days of it.  We've 3 or 4 day hot spells like this before, but nothing like this.  I wish this global warming hoax would go away.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/nm/roswell

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Pay no attention to those fake media forecasts. It'll go away.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It's a dry heat.. Go to D.C. and South from there.. 90+ will kill you with their humidity.  Sometimes it's so thick, you can place something in front of you while standing... let it go... and it will stay there... like your in space or something.

• Upvote 2

The weather is so hot.... you can wash and dry your clothes at the same time 🤣

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

It was a good day here in Central Florida yesterday. When I went out for my daily walk it was 90F and the humidity was down to 91%. 15,299 new cases of COVID-19 here yesterday but it'll go away when the weather warms up................ 

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Lucky you. We've had a full week where every morning was at or below +3ºC (37ºF) and most days the maximum was barely 10ºC (50ºF).

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

18C today in Ulverston, England. Sounds like we are in the comfortable middle ground :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just took a quick look at weatherunderground.com weather history for Roswell, NM:

Yeah, looks like you've had some very hot >105F days in July for the past several years.

I did find this data from 1944:

July 26 - Aug 4, 1944: 10 days of 100+F temps with a high of 106F

So these extreme heat waves have happened before.  There's no data on that website from before 1942, but I'll bet these heat waves in Roswell have happened many times throughout history.

There's a similar perception when it comes to hurricanes and tornadoes.  People are very biased to their own recent history, so they tend to believe that when there's a lot of these extreme weather events that somehow it's unprecedented.  However, when you look at the data it shows that tornadoes and hurricanes were actually more frequent and destructive 50+ years ago.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I've lived here for 25 years and yes, we've had heat waves, but never for this long.  We've had 100+ degree heat for 10 days now.  Forecast to go to 111 today.  It will be another 10 days until we get down to 99 degrees.  So we have broken your 1944 record for both duration (we are over 10 days now and another 10 days (or more) ahead of us).  And we have already broken the 1944 record 106 degree high by 5 degrees since it was 111 yesterday and the same forecast for today.

Noel

Every summer we experience two or three heat waves lasting 5 days at the most, usually 3 or 4 days.  There is no end in sight this summerand August is usually out hottest month.

We were exceptionally warm this winter.  Our winter was an everlasting Spring.  We got one skiff of overnight snow that melted (or sublimated actually) by noon.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Been warm here, also this year.  We are finally getting our "Summer" weather....cold and foggy till afternoon when the sun finally peeks out!  Longest stretch of 100+ degrees was back in 1986 at about 7 days in a row.  That was during "Native American" Summer. Autum/Fall for everyone else! ☀️

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

36ºC in Lisbon right now. Time to grab a cold beer...

edit: maybe 2 or 3 or...

Edited by pedrotrindade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

We were exceptionally warm this winter.  Our winter was an everlasting Spring.  We got one skiff of overnight snow that melted (or sublimated actually) by noon.

Your house temporarily became a comet :laugh:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I grew up in San Francisco and Mill Valley Charlie.  I know the weather there.

When I was a weather forecaster in the Colorado Air National Guard I was sent to the Presidio (then 5th US Army Headquarters) to do weather after the Loma Prieta earthquake.  There are 18 micro-climates in the bay area.  It can be foggy and chilly where you live and sweltering across the bay.

Do you live on the ocean side or the bay side Charlie?

We lived in the Russian Hill district.  I went to St. Ignatius high school.  It would be clear and warming up when I got on the bus on Van Ness and Broadway.  But when I got to school on the west side of the city it would be foggy and cold.

Noel 

Edited by birdguy