Sign in to follow this  
jim05

FS Global

Hi...

I‘ve purchased FS Global ultimate for p3d v5.

As you can see:

insjxzv6.jpg

... there are 2 Sceneries for Africa, Europe, South America... ONE from FS Global Ultimate (34-41) and ONE „default“-scenery (24-33). Is it recommended to „disable“ the default scenerys (24-33) or is it ok, if this mentioned sceneries are enabled?

best regards,

Christian

Edited by jim05

Hi Christian,

If you installed FS Global Ultimate as per the instructions provided with your purchase, then you will not have to enable or disable anything manually, you should be good to go as is.

Cheers,

Jerome

Edited by jzimmermann

Hi Jerome,

I did so. But I wasn‘t sure if it is good, that the default sceneries are placed ABOVE the FS Global entries. I was afraid, that then the default ones have priority and „overlay“ the FS Global Meshes.

Hi Christian,

Well you've installed mesh and that should always be below scenery that is built on top of the mesh.

Cheers,

Jerome

As Jerome says you've installed a mesh product. In other words there are no visible objects. All the BGLs just provide detail for mountains etc. making them more detailed than if Global wasn't installed.

Using the Matterhorn in Switzerland as an example locate to Geneva (LSGG) and slew east to 45.9766° N, 7.6585° E.

Once there save the scenario and disable the Global Europe layer and see the difference your purchase makes. It's significant. Oh, just make sure you have resolution set to max for the best effect.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather