Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Free update of VOXATC 7.42 for P3d5 is out

https://voxatc.com/Home/Download

If you have a version with a license installed, just run the installer. The P3d5 version will also run in demo mode without a license, but only if you've never installed a previous VOXATC demo. This is a compatibility release, but the rumor is that there will also be a version after 7.42. The P3d5 version  works correctly with sloped airport features, 8.33 KHz comm radio spacing (assuming that you have a Garmin GTN 750 or some other device that supports such spacing), new P3d5 airports and airports with revised ICAO codes. It works with fsaerodata, however there is presently a bug in fsaerodata for P3d5 that affects stock sloped airports. Further, the freeware P3d5 add-on AI Companion is being updated to work with VOXATC and is presently being tested internally. Also, SODE jetways dock with VOXATC AI aircraft.

NOTE: If you tried to get the P3d4 version of VOXATC to work with P3d5, please undo all the "damage" before installing the P3d5 update. If you have any questions, post them in this thread. Kevin Firth and I will try to answer them (Hehe, notice how I volunteered him.). If you encounter any serious bugs, use the support email on the VOXATC official website.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Yep, as @jabloomf1230 says, the best ATC app out there is now updated for v5. Don't expect significant changes, just a few minor bug fixes.  If you've not tried vox before, now is a great time to jump in.... Jay and I will be happy to try and help 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

just a few minor bug fixes.

kevin

please tell all / is there a changelog ?

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi,

I installed Vox with Migration Tool. Can I install this new version on top?

Has there been a fix for the Flytempa Eham that caused vox to crash? I’d suspect that has been put in the background for now and the focus was just to get it working correctly in p5d. So happy it’s out though, I can now say good bye to the others I bought and return to the best

Has anyone had any issues with the Panel Installer? It just freezes and doesn't make any changes to the panels and I've tried running it as Admin too.

For now I've reverted to adding them manually.

28 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

Has there been a fix for the Flytempa Eham that caused vox to crash? I’d suspect that has been put in the background for now and the focus was just to get it working correctly in p5d. So happy it’s out though, I can now say good bye to the others I bought and return to the best

I recall that particular crash was related to EHAM's FT Configurator, that you need to set either to All RWYs open or to a single wind before you run the indexer if my memory serves me right. Schiphol is an important destination for me in P3D world, so I'll follow the answers here before I buy this iteration of VOXATC.

Edited by Dirk98

3 hours ago, gufau said:

Hi,

I installed Vox with Migration Tool. Can I install this new version on top?

I wouldn't, clean install is recommended

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

30 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

Many times problems are caused by the afd file, not by vox.  I've found this with uk2000 airports. Correct functioning sometimes requires minor editing of arcade in ADE.

xaP1VAU.png

10 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I recall that particular crash was related to EHAM's FT Configurator, that you need to set either to All RWYs open or to a single wind before you run the indexer if my memory serves me right. Schiphol is an important destination for me in P3D world, so I'll follow the answers here before I buy this iteration of VOXATC.

I haven't used FT EHAM, but that makes some sense, if the runways aren't all available, how can Vox allocate them? Maybe @jabloomf1230has better info?

xaP1VAU.png

Despite setting the advanced speech options to the US Speech Recogniser and selecting US English as the speech language, VoxATC keeps coming up with the message:

'Cannot initialise voice recognition. Ensure that you have a US English compatible recogniser selected. See help file.'

Have I missed any steps?

You need to have a working microphone connected. Check your mic with the Windows control panel. Calibrate it and train it with the Control Panel speech applet. You can also search this subforum for the phrase "US English compatible recognizer".

58 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Many times problems are caused by the afd file, not by vox.  I've found this with uk2000 airports. Correct functioning sometimes requires minor editing of arcade in ADE.

Kevin, will you be able to share those minor edits for uk2000 and Aersoft's LHR?

Thanks.