Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Free update of VOXATC 7.42 for P3d5 is out

1 hour ago, jemac3 said:

Any truth to the rumor that development for X plane is being done?

None whatsoever to the best of my knowledge

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Kevin,

inquired last August and Carol had said it was going to happen but didn't know when...Was going to speak to the developer

8 minutes ago, jemac3 said:

Thanks Kevin,

inquired last August and Carol had said it was going to happen but didn't know when...Was going to speak to the developer

I don't run XP so I haven't even asked the question, maybe plans change, maybe not. 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I think that with MSFS being released in about a month, the interest by third party developers in XP may be lessened by a great deal. It remains to be seen how "open" the MSFS ecosystem is to 3rd party development.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jemac3 said:

Thank you both,

I moved from P3D a year ago and miss VoxAtc

It's the reason that I dropped XP11 and went back to P3d5. Also, I need disk space for MSFS.😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gridley said:

Quick question - thoughts on this setting?

dswyrlB.jpg

If I set traffic to 100%, if there's enough traffic derived from bgls to reach 100%, only bgl traffic is used, however if there's not enough, VoxATC will randomly generate traffic if this is enabled?

my pet topic ..... Vox's AI spawning.

Fundamentally at 100% slider, no matter what airport (provided its parking is comprehensively coded & sized for your AI inventory of bgl's) there is no apparent need i see for extra traffic.

Unfortunately from my experience, the base line seems to be less than the next 60 minutes of departures (plus an unknown level of arriving, nearby airports & overflying traffic).

The question remains ....... on the ground, why doesn't the spawing include all traffic departing later, even tomorrow or the days after provided they have have arrived in the last week or so. (at VHHH, there can be over 120 on ground at 150 coded of 200 available parking spots but only about 40 are spawned).

now if spawning 120 (though "real") is too much of a fps drag, tweak the slider.

I remain confused / flustered. 

& what is the annotated selected level anyway ...... 30 , 40, or 60 mins of departures, a VASettings.xml figure ....... anyone know.

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

duplicate removed

Edited by vadriver
duplicate removed

for now, cheers

john martin

duplicate removed

Edited by vadriver
duplicate removed

for now, cheers

john martin

May be the reason I move also.. waiting to see if MSFS is going to live up to the hype!

OMG, the AIG update led me the this forum and discorery of VoxATC. I went thru RC4, ProATC/x, Pilot2ATC then discovered VoxATX and its AI traffic generation feature. Looks like finally I can arrive to an airport without AI leaving in opposite direction to my landings.

I am running on trial mode. So far I find it amazing.  Questions:

1) What routes do AI use in between start/end points?

2) I see in littlenavmap arriving in queue to the landing runway. But the landing bubble looks short. Are arriving AI spawned very close to the airport? Would I be able to follow an AI from start to end points?

3) There doesn't seem to be any support. I am reluctant to make a purchase if there is no support! Especially at this price, I would expect support. But still, no new version since 2018 and then a new version with new feature for P3Dv5... so its not abandonware

4) What are the 'rumoured' coming features 😉 ?

I know that AIG is comming up with a AI traffic generator, I might not go with VoxATC if the new AI traffic generator is better.

Edited by vincentrouleau
Add info

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

1 hour ago, vincentrouleau said:

I know that AIG is comming up with a AI traffic generator, I might not go with VoxATC if the new AI traffic generator is better.

Where did you get it from, mind giving a link to the "new generator"?

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Where did you get it from, mind giving a link to the "new generator"?

Thanks.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=31579.0

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

2 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

OMG, the AIG update led me the this forum and discorery of VoxATC. I went thru RC4, ProATC/x, Pilot2ATC then discovered VoxATX and its AI traffic generation feature. Looks like finally I can arrive to an airport without AI leaving in opposite direction to my landings.

2) I see in littlenavmap arriving in queue to the landing runway. But the landing bubble looks short. Are arriving AI spawned very close to the airport? Would I be able to follow an AI from start to end points?

3) There doesn't seem to be any support. I am reluctant to make a purchase if there is no support! Especially at this price, I would expect support. But still, no new version since 2018 and then a new version with new feature for P3Dv5... so its not abandonware

I've followed the link, thanks. Taken AIG say to curb your expectations regarding the upcoming AITG here:

• AIGTC will not provide any SID/STAR for the AI. Tis feature will come with a different tool by some other developer.
  • AIGTC will not inject "live"-Traffic. It will use the SimConnect Interface to inject AI traffic together with some route Information (so the AI will not always fly the direct great circle route)
  • AIGTC will not provide any upgrade to the exisiting ATC/AI System.
  • AIG will provide the same flightplans as before (only in another fileformat) to be used in AIGTC.

I don't really expect any significant updates from VOXATC on traffic management.

Unfortunately, the brunt of the support has been on the resident VOXATC enthusiasts. We'll see though.

Cheers,

Edited by Dirk98

6 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

1. Routes are from bgl flightplans, using stars if the navigraph level D data is used

2. AI are created in the reality bubble. I've never tried to follow an AI from beginning to end but I suppose you should be able to as long as separation distance doesn't exceed the size of the reality bubble...

3. The developer doesn't provide instant 24/7 support, there is an email you can send messages to, most of the day to day issues are addressed on the Avsim user to user forum.  It is most definitely not abandonware!

4. Forward development features are under consideration at present.  A number of suggestions from VoxATC users are being considered by the developer, who also has his own priorities 🙂

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png