Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

If I were in the alpha..

A feature that I look very much forward to, is the modeling of the air flow along slopes, over ridges and at the cliff drop of a plateau (when a threshold is near). Curiously, there has been no reference to it in the leaks, winks or official promo materials since Asobo’s Features Discovery series #3. Putting aside gliding which won’t be in at release, it should make a world of difference for mountainous flying of a loaded Caravan (an example) specially when combined with damp/hot air in the tropics and/or thin air in altitude. Bush flying...

If I were in the alpha that would be something I’d check inside out.  Just sayin’😀...

PS btw, speaking of altitude, I wonder whether anybody  has tried the Neo in Lhasa Tibet.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

the modeling of the air flow along slopes, over ridges and at the cliff drop of a plateau

If I remember correctly, this has been covered in one of the first videos by the Asobo team. It's there

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I wonder whether anybody  has tried the Neo in Lhasa Tibet.

I did, also in Paro. MAN, what a challenge 😄😄

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

2 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

If I remember correctly, this has been covered in one of the first videos by the Asobo team. It's there

I did, also in Paro. MAN, what a challenge 😄😄

Yes in EP3 as I said but no feedback since.  Paro is not easy but  Lhasa is higher and does FS20 have the Potala as a landmark  ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

Lhasa is higher and does FS20 have the Potala as a landmark  ?

Yes, and I've posted quite a few pics flying in this area, but none has been chosen for publication. Oh well... 

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Yes in EP3 as I said but no feedback since.  Paro is not easy but  Lhasa is higher and does FS20 have the Potala as a landmark  ? 

Nice try Dom.

-eelis-

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Yes, and I've posted quite a few pics flying in this area, but none has been chosen for publication. Oh well... 

And you fell for it. Good grief...

-eelis-

20 minutes ago, Ilari Kousa said:

@eelis sopiihan sitä yrittää 😉

Joo, ei näille hölösuille mitään voi...😣

-eelis-

31 minutes ago, Ilari Kousa said:

@eelis sopiihan sitä yrittää 😉

34 minutes ago, eelis said:

Nice try Dom.

-eelis-

There was no "nice try"   and Bernd didn't fall for it. There was  a wink to people I know for quite sometime on this forum who are responsible testers and nothing special was said that would break their commitment.  Frankly speaking, I find your "holier than thou" attitude of  wanabee moderator annoying. Please, put me on your ignore list so you won't be upset anymore. 

And  I am sure that Finnish is a wonderful language. Only thing, it is not widely spoken here. Speaking ill of somebody in a language you think is not understood by all is singularly lacking in elegance. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Frankly speaking, I find your "holier than thou" attitude of  wanabee moderator annoying.

I bet you would feel very "holy" too, when there's dozens of watermarks hovering in your sight. I'm ok with them though (short watermark), but many are not.

-eelis-

If I were in the alpha..

Ugh........ Every time I see or think of the thread title, I hear this in my head......... 

Now I can't stop!

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

29 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

If I were in the alpha..

Ugh........ Every time I see or think of the thread title, I hear this in my head......... 

Now I can't stop!

Touché 😃  !

Lets drift a bit more.

Do you know where the song comes from ? A nice piece of Yiddish litterature, a monologue by Sholem Aleichem https://yiddishkayt.org/if-i-were-rothschild/

I extract a little bit. Replace money by alpha and you have it.

And perhaps, even—if I were Rothschild—I might do away with money altogether. For let us not deceive ourselves, what is money anyway? It is nothing but a delusion, a made-up thing. Men have taken a piece of paper, decorated it with a pretty picture and written on it, Three Silver Rubles. Money, I tell you, is nothing but a temptation, a piece of lust, one of the greatest lusts. It is something that everyone wants and nobody has. But if there were no more money in the world there would be no more temptation, no more lust.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4

Dominique

Good luck getting into the alpha or beta, Dominique. In contrast I will click that button that cancels interest into participation. The process of applying for the alphas was a bit flawed. You could update your dxdiag from time to time, but you could not update your answers to the questionnaire. I applied when they said the sim is based on DX11, so I thought maybe with my Windows 7 machine I may have a chance. Later I updated the dxdiag on the Windows 10 machine, but I could not update the questionnaire, which showed that my monthly download limit was maybe a bit low. Even though it is no longer, I cannot change this and I am sure they have removed me from the from the pool. I am not sour :-), and by not participating I still keep the "Christmas gift" effect for when it is released and I see it running for the first time. In the meantime I might try learning a music instrument instead of testing software. It's probably enough that I have to test my own software every day :-).

Good luck!

Siggy Schwarz

15 minutes ago, siggy said:

Good luck getting into the alpha or beta, Dominique 

The topic title was more of a wink to the good people of this forum who are in the alpha, to check the air dynamics than anything else. I applied to it  but I have right now a poor connection not really fit for a good streaming testing. It is perfectly all right with me to be left out. I look forward like you do, to the Xmas gift effect. Now, if the big guys  allowed a little more leeway to Arwen, Bernd, Larry, Bernt (FDEDev) and some others to give their feelings and pick up their screenshots/vids, I'd be delighted.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Hopefully anyone testing with an NDA in place will not be responding to your wink.

Once again I will put out that at release all qustions such as this one will be revealed to all of us.

Don't know what all the worry is about for an unreleased product.