Sign in to follow this  
Fun

FSUIPC Thottle Axis

I have been using fsuipc registered for quit some time. Never have had a problem setting up axis assignments. Bought the lear yesterday, beautiful jet by the way. Having problems setting up the throttles. The movement doesn't correspond with the physical throttles. Throttles don't start moving until about half way thru travel. Also pulling back will activate reversers. But they jump around, movement not smooth.

David

18 minutes ago, Fun said:

I have been using fsuipc registered for quit some time. Never have had a problem setting up axis assignments. Bought the lear yesterday, beautiful jet by the way. Having problems setting up the throttles. The movement doesn't correspond with the physical throttles. Throttles don't start moving until about half way thru travel. Also pulling back will activate reversers. But they jump around, movement not smooth.

David

What sim, what throttle, and what version of FSUIPC?  I run everything through FSUIPC and never have had the problem you are seeing, and have never seen it reported before,  so we need to figure out what is going on with your setup.

Al

Edited by ark

7 minutes ago, Fun said:

Running V5 with no HF’s. Updated FSUIPC yesterday.

OK, what throttle hardware are you using, and are you using a single throttle lever for both engines, or two levers?

Al

5 minutes ago, Fun said:

Warthog 

I am not really familiar with the Warthog (never had one), but it looks like you have two throttle controls. When you go to the FSUIPC6 Joystick Calibration window, page 3 where it shows the individual throttles, and move your throttle levers from full off to full on, do the numbers seem to change smoothly from about -16383 to +16383?

Al

OK, good.

Under P3D5 Options, Axis Assinments, do you see anything assigned to Throttles 1 and 2?

Since updating FSUIPC, have you tried any other planes to check the throttles?

Al

Will check, and no haven’t checked other aircraft I have working. Will do after breakfast.

1 minute ago, Fun said:

Will check, and no haven’t checked other aircraft I have working. Will do after breakfast.

OK  🙂

I have a daughter near Dripping Springs, mainly West of Austin on the edge of the Hill Country area.

If it were me, at this point I would try uninstalling the Lear and then deleting any files that might of been left over in the main Lear directory. Then would reinstall the Lear being careful to use the installer option for P3Dv5.

Do you use any special drivers with the Warthog, or just FSUIPC which is what I do with my Saitek TQ?

Al 

Edited by ark

I’m about 45 min from Dripping Springs on lake LBJ. Anyway, no drivers for the warthog. Will give the reinstall a run. Although it was pretty straight forward.

6 minutes ago, Fun said:

I’m about 45 min from Dripping Springs on lake LBJ. Anyway, no drivers for the warthog. Will give the reinstall a run. Although it was pretty straight forward.

I've toured the LBJ ranch on one of my visits to see my daughter.

One other thing you could check is the FSUIPC Axis Assignment tab, especially if you have set up a specific profile for the Lear. I would expect there should be only 1 range shown for each throttle axis when you move it.

Al 

Edited by ark