Sign in to follow this  

I have just purchased CFY gold+ throttle and am having difficulties getting some parts of it going.  I cannot get the trim wheels to respond to switches on my Honycombe yoke.  Any advice would be appreciated.

hi

First of all, make sure you have downloaded and installed latest XPUIPC plugin from CFY page.

1. Do not assign any trim button in X-Plane menu => remove if any there please…
  2. You assign your yoke desired trim buttons via XPUIPC plugin menu, Offset 0x9093
  3. Start X-Plane and go to plugins menu
  4. =>XPUIPC=>XPUIPC+=>Joystick functions=>Joystikc button assignments
  5. In the window press the yoke's button for trim down => the button number will be displayed
  6. „Offset to assign…“ write 9093
  7. „Value or bit to send when pressed“ => write a 1
  8. „Value or bit to send when released“ => write a 0
  9. „Offset size“ => write a 1
  10. Press the „SET“ button
  11. Now press the button for trim up on your joystick => the button number will be displayed
  12. „Offset to assign…“ write 9093
  13. „Value or bit to send when pressed“ => write a 2
  14. „Value or bit to send when released“ => write a 0
  15. „Offset size“ => write a 1
  16. Press the „SET“ button
  17. Press Exit to Close the window….
  18. Ready to trim

hope this helps

Manuel Merelles

Thank you so much Manuel. I look forward to giving that a go but standby because I’ve only been doing this for 35 years and I still don’t know what I’m doing.  I may have questions about the auto throttle operation - CFY give no information.

Thank you again for the time you have given to my question.

I have also a CFY throttle. First install the CFY software.

https://cockpitforyou.com/WebRoot/Store1/Shops/2c95f1b7-0292-44fb-beed-ddf57573f479/MediaGallery/TQ_Software/V1-7-63/CFY_TQ_Console_no_Simconnect_V1.7.63.zip

2. Install vJoy. (is not always needed)
3. If you open the CFY software you find two Green Radio Trim Lights. If you hit your trim switch select vJoy and assign the to B-51(up) and B52 for dwn.

The normal set-up is auto but i have Brunner yoke  so i need this setting. I didn't modify in the XUIPC
On the CFY website you find more information about XPUIPC versions etc.
Succes
John

6 hours ago, Jovabra said:

3. If you open the CFY software you find two Green Radio Trim Lights. If you hit your trim switch select vJoy and assign the to B-51(up) and B52 for dwn.

The normal set-up is auto but i have Brunner yoke  so i need this setting. I didn't modify in the XUIPC
On the CFY website you find more information about XPUIPC versions etc.

Succes
John

I have never tried this alternative.

I do also have a brunner, CLS-E yoke and peddals here and can leave this option to AUTO as per default

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

Manuel Merelles

Thank you both.  I went Manuel’s route but downloaded vJoy just in case!  For most of the day my throttle was asleep and stayed that way until 4.30.  It then burst into life!  The trim wheels are working well. Thank you.

I have a couple of other problems....my brake lever is firmly in the off position and seems determined to stay that way.  Also, and quite unrelated, the red button on my Honeycomb throttle pauses the sim when pressed.  It never used to and is not programmed to do this.  I have programmed the button to other uses but it still interferes with the sim.  You might have some ideas.

Did you perform the calibration process on the CFY app? are you able to move the brake lever full down and later full up when required during the calibration process?

regards the pause button. maybe a script/plugin doing the assignment each time you load xplane?

Manuel Merelles

I don't see the opportunity in calibration to move brake.  Speed brake yes.  I'll experiment with plugins regarding the pause.  Thank you.