Sign in to follow this  
ridgeandgable

Vox Update and AIG

Hi Guys

Found my serial 😄 I'm a happy camper now, so nice and so easy to get vox setup in p3d 5, only issue I have seen so far under my test flight (EGPH to EHAM) is that on take off from Edinburgh, I was cleared to take off runway 6, half way down the runway there is a Jet 2 flight just sitting on the middle of the runway, thankfully I have crash turned off. 

Is this an issue with Vox or AIG? Should vox have seen that aircraft and not gave me clearance?  What would is the best way for air traffic settings to run with AIG? I think I have 50% AI traffic on in VOX, and whatever AIG has recommended within AIG or P3D.

So far I'm very happy, I can ignore an aircraft sitting on the runway for now 😄 but just curious as to why

update: - Just landed at EHAM, vectors were slightly off for runway 36c, but no big deal, and once on the ground, F/O announced to ground that we were cleared of the runway, taxi to gate... sat on the taxiway for 20 minutes and nothing from ATC. No options available, even with human request request taxi to gate etc no response from ATC Ground. Other AI asking for taxi and no response either. 

Will try another flight later from EHAM to EGPH, or Amsterdam to Paris

I'm not using Flytempa yet

Edited by ridgeandgable

3 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

What would is the best way for air traffic settings to run with AIG? I think I have 50% AI traffic on in VOX, and whatever AIG has recommended within AIG or P3D

My VOXATC traffic activity level is set to 100% and I use the FSUIPC6 traffic limiter set to 80 AI aircraft.

These are my traffic settings in VASettings.xml, which is located in the folder:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 5

<MaxParkedAircraft Value="5" />
    <MaxEnrouteAircraft Value="80" />
    <MaxActiveTerminalAircraft Value="80" />
    <TrafficGeneratedAtAllAirports Value="TRUE" />

Only the first entry above appears by default in the file. The VOXATC Advanced Settings utility also has a new tab which may alter the behavior of these options. The first option is used to add parked AI aircraft at airports with no scheduled service in your BGL flightplans. The next two settings control the mix between ground and enroute traffic. The last entry generates traffic on the ground at intermediate airports along your filed flightplan. vadriver did a lot of experimenting with these settings and he may want to comment further.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.

If anyone is out flying today / tonight to EHAm, can you post your description of using Voxatc with approach, just want to rule out its not something on my end. 

I was given runway 36C and my last vector from them was to fly heading 050, but in p3d the ILS 36C is a heading of 005 to line up. Could be an issue with the EHAM airport I use, Its not flytempa, think it could be orbx or a free one I've picked up.

Many thanks in advance

FT Amsterdam's ADE needs some additional edits to work with VOXATC.

8 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

Thanks dirk, Any help on what I need to do? Its the one place I fly often

Same here, I just hope Jay will share his knowleadge on it.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

only issue I have seen so far under my test flight (EGPH to EHAM) is that on take off from Edinburgh, I was cleared to take off runway 6, half way down the runway there is a Jet 2 flight just sitting on the middle of the runway, thankfully I have crash turned off. 

Is this an issue with Vox or AIG? Should vox have seen that aircraft and not gave me clearance?  What would is the best way for air traffic settings to run with AIG? I think I have 50% AI traffic on in VOX, and whatever AIG has recommended within AIG or P3D

I personally wouldn't recommend using the P3D traffic with vox, there's no need. Vox won't be aware of P3D generated traffic so you will get conflicts like that.  Turn P3D traffic to 0% and crank it up in vox 😉

In my tests AIG AI traffic worked perfectly with vox. There was a bug where certain flight plans weren't recognised resulting in no AI at some airports, AFAIK this was fixed.

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Sorry, I can't help with EHAM. Search this subforum for "EHAM" and you will find a number of posts about it.

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Sorry, I can't help with EHAM. Search this subforum for "EHAM" and you will find a number of posts about it.

Does it mean FT AMS nogo yet for VA?

Thanks

Edited by Dirk98

I saw that you posted regarding a problem with EHAM and P2ATC. That makes me think that there's something wrong with the airport.

39 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I saw that you posted regarding a problem with EHAM and P2ATC. That makes me think that there's something wrong with the airport.

I recall that consideration was from the discussions back in circa 2016-17..

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

Having played around with the ADE file, there were faults that could be fixed, but my remembrance is that the the runway layout poses a serious challenge. Just take a look at all the posts about EHAM in the AIG forums. I'll take another look at the FlyTampa ADE file that AIG user UniformAlpha did:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=33056.msg329100#msg329100

but I'm not holding out any hope for a solution. In my opinion, P2ATC and VOXATC both expect at a modestly sensible airport configuration. The default P3d ATC and AI traffic control is so basic, that it probably ignores anything that it can't figure out with EHAM and blindly marches on whether it makes any sense or not.

Edited by jabloomf1230

what about FS2000 Free EHAM as a viable option, I think anything is better than stock EHAM at the moment. FT looks awesome and shame that it can't work. I haven't checked it using PF3, I might try this later this week and see if it works fine without issues on that before I un-install it.

I know they have released a p3d 5 version too but I would think its just an updated installer. I'll check and report back, Could be as Jabloom said and its the way that FT is built. 

Actually come to think about it, today’s flight with updated vox was stock EHAM as it was p3d 5 I used. So vox sent me on a heading at 050 and told me to get on the gs when I was 5nm out. But the heading was supposed to be 004 I think for 34c or 36c. And then no response from vox once cleared of the runway. Will try it again and see what happens, maybe request a different runway