Sign in to follow this  
TomCYYZ

P3Dv5 Installation Location

I just ran the installation setup for P3Dv5 and the Install went OK but installed under:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

I was expecting it to install to:

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 (where I currently have Prepar3D v4),

...then I would have to separate folders, Prepar3D v4 and Prepar3D v5.

I don't think there was an option for me to choose where to install the sim (maybe I overlooked it).

Can I simply copy the folder over to C:\Lockheed Martin\ or should I uninstall and try again?

Regards

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Don’t copy the folder, it will cause all sorts of issues long term. Uninstall and reinstall, from memory I think you need to select “Options” during the Initial install screen and that will let you define install location

Hi Tom, 

Yes, unfortunately you overlooked the option where to install. You can install it anywhere, and I think everyone is in agreement that anywhere *besides* the C:\Program Files directory is good.

As for copying to a different location, that would bust the registry. So, go ahead and remove existing entry and re-install.

Good luck!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Thank you all very much for quick reply! Will do.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker