Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamBlack

I'm getting a strange error P3Dv5

Hello all, first off let me just say how much I enjoy the RXP products!! Everything is really top notch, from the updating procedure to all the features of the configurator, layout everything, really TOP notch stuff!!

However I am having one issue, it seems whenever I set my P3Dv5HF2 to use Special Effects HIGH (and I have the 530 inside my aircraft) P3Dv5 locks up not responding and I get this error in even viewer: 

Faulting application name: G530SIM.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bff0a69
Faulting module name: KRNLSIM.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bff0a8e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00037807
Faulting process id: 0x4df0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d657e87facd8f2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\KRNLSIM.dll
Report Id: 01142f57-7626-4cde-b827-0481343535ec
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

When I have the effects set to medium everything is (seems) fine.

Any idea on what I can do to fix this??

I really wouldn't worry about this normally but I got a new jet that requires special effects to be set to high to get the most out of it, and a couple of my sceneries recommend this as well..

thanks,

Rob Comfort

PS: NOTE This is NOT a deal breaker, I'm just wondering if there is something I could do on my end to fix it.

Rob Comfort

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words! These are much appreciated!!

Can you please manually edit the RealityXP.GNS.ini file in the aircraft folder and add the following line (ref RXP User's Manual p25):

[GNS_530_1]
LogTrainer = 1

When the crash is occurring again, the rxpGnsSim.dll.log file might contain additional useful information related to this issue.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)