Sign in to follow this  
crushnik

Rex SkyForce 3d not injecting, can't find a config file

I had accidentally installed P3D v4.5 in the Program Files menu when I first bought the program and had been using REX SkyForce 3D. After I recently re-installed into a dedicated C:\Lockheed Martin\ directory, and after re-installing REX Sky Force 3d (most recent edition) also in its own C:\ directory, REX keeps loading as if I never changed the settings. Simulator directory still points to the previous Program Files directory and any other changes I made have to be re-entered each time I start Sky Force as if I had never made them in the first place - despite manually and automatically backing up settings. I have looked through most of my computer's entire hard drive (even the hidden bits) for a REX folder containing a config file that isn't getting overwritten by the updated settings (seems to me to be the most logical explanation). Read the manual and can't figure anything out. I don't know if it is injecting textures into P3D but I can see changes in the weather every ten minutes.

Does anyone else either have this problem or perhaps know a solution?

Thanks,

Chris

Did you uninstall the instance in Program Files before reinstalling? In any case I suggest you uninstall the existing install and reboot. Search (but don't change) the Registry for SkyForce. There shouldn't be any entries. If there are then raise a ticket with Rex or use their support forum for further assistance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My cfg file is in my Skyforce directory, along with all the other Skyforce files.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Did you uninstall the instance in Program Files before reinstalling?

I used the CCleaner program to uninstall, then manually deleted the Program Files entry, and searched the registry but wasn't sure of all the various locations I needed to remove SkyForce from. I had hoped this may be a common issue, but it seems like the best path forward would be to go ahead and contact support. Thanks!

@crushnik, you should have used the Add/Remove Program in Control Panel. I'm not sure that CCLeaner has done the job properly.

You could reinstall to Program Files and use the above method to uninstall. I've never used CCleaner to uninstall a program. Anyway, try Rex support and see what they advise.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

In case anyone has the same problem I did, I found the solution:

I had originally installed SkyForce to use with my 32-bit FSX. After upgrading to 64-bit P3D, I uninstalled the 32-bit SkyForce and downloaded/installed the 64-bit SkyForce from REX. In my Documents folder there is a REX folder which contained two config files: a 32-bit and 64-bit. Apparently SkyForce was using the 32-bit one, left behind by the uninstaller, and that was why I had to keep changing settings every time I started the new installation. It was still drawing information from the 32-bit config file. I deleted it and the P3D SkyForce ran perfectly.

• Like 1

Turns out I found PART of the solution: REX Sky Force program runs better now, since it isn't drawing settings from the old config file, but it still isn't injecting weather. I didn't know for sure until I saw old screenshots back when the program was talking properly with the simulator. I'll see if re-installing fixes it, and once I have completely resolved, I'll post here for others who run into this problem in the future.