Sign in to follow this  
vinsounet

Buttons Problem

Hello,
I have a problem with the buttons assignments for the pilot2ATC functions.
Frequently, the button assignments disappear for no reason.
Example with the "F2" key that I use to make appear or disappear "Speech Assistant Window", but all of a sudden, when I press F2, nothing happens. I will check in the button configuration menu and I note that F2 has disappeared for the requested function

This problem is very unpleasant during a flight.

Have you ever had this problem?

Vincent

Not in the current version of the program.  Be sure you are on version 2.6.1.2.

If you have the option to require P2A/SIM focus, then the button assignments will not work if you try using them while in another program.

Also, check that no other programs use the same key.  It's possible they grab the key from Windows and block its use by P2A.  Not good behavior, but a possibility.

Hello Dave,
I confirm that I am using version 2.6.1.2.
The problem is very random, most often, I run P2ATC, but I do not use it for a while, (time to prepare my flight) and it is at the moment when I start to need to contact the ATC I see that the command to display "Speech Assistant Window" does not work. Normally, I close P2ATC then I run it again and the function to open the window works again.
But before yesterday, the problem was repeated many times during my flight.
I'm sorry Dave, but I don't understand that:

17 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you have the option to require P2A/SIM focus, then the button assignments will not work if you try using them while in another program.

it is not clear to me.

Thank's for your help.

Regard's

Vincent

Normally, the hot keys will work no matter what program you are working in.  So, for example, if you are typing in Word and press F2, it may do something in Word but will also do whatever you have it assigned to in Pilot2ATC.

By checking the option to require focus, pressing F2 will only work in Pilot2ATC if your Windows program focus is in Pilot2ATC or the SIM.

If I understood correctly, if the option "require P2A/SIM focus" is checked the "F2" key will only be active in P2ATC or in the SIM, so no interference with other programs or "F2" has a function?
That's right?

I conclude from this that it is better that the option "require P2A/SIM focus" is checked.
This is the case for me.