Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

After Chaseplane - keyboard, gamepad, GSX and ProATCx issue

Hi,

I purchased Chaseplane a few days ago, and have not been able to start a flight since then. Not sure if the problem is with Chaseplane, but I haven't had this issue until now. Here is what I have running with each flight. Problem is near the end. Some info first.

I am running:

• P3D 4.5HF2
  • GSXv2
  • ProATCx
  • Active Sky
  • Environment Force

I am an old user of EzDok so I'm using the same setup that was way back then (seems to work well at first glance). I never installed EZDok on this system. I have been using the default camera system until now. I have stripped the vast majority of my commands out of P3D, and I use FSUIPC5 for controls. I have a Logitech G13 game pad where I have keyboard shortcuts mapped to the keys and then assigned to views in Chaseplane. I also have G13 keys mapped to the shortcuts for opening the GSX menu and the ProATCx menu.

Problem:

After starting a flight, I use GSX to position me at a gate and connect the jetway. Then I move over to ProATCx to get clearance. While I am entering everything into he FMC, I have flightplan info open in the ProATCx menu. Once I am done with this task I switch from windowed to full screen, because I don't need the ProATCx GUI anymore. Shortly after doing this, I lose almost all of my ability to use the keyboard shortcuts for GSX and ProATCx - CP views work for a minute, but those go away as well. In addition, most of the keyboard shortcuts or buttons on my keyboard won't work either. For example, I can use ctrl+alt+del to pull up task manager but I can't use the windows key to bring up the P3D menu or use esc to exit P3D. I also can't manually execute the keybord shortcuts or any other function I have mapped to the keyboard. Because of this, every flight is dead in the water before I even push back. 

I don't see any relevant posts in the ORBX Chaseplane forums, and it really doesn't look like that forum gets a lot of traffic anyway. Any ideas where to start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Bump.

In short, installing Chaseplane seems to have disabled my keyboards, sort of.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I think It's supposed to run this way. You have to use chaseplane's keyboard inputs that are setup in preferences in Chaseplane. I think you also have to re-set up your joystick buttons and hat in P3D as well. It's confusing but once you figure it out it works fine. Setting up views on your number pad is confusing also, but there's a nice YouTube video somewhere that shows you how it all works.

11 hours ago, mikegrr said:

I think It's supposed to run this way. You have to use chaseplane's keyboard inputs that are setup in preferences in Chaseplane. I think you also have to re-set up your joystick buttons and hat in P3D as well. It's confusing but once you figure it out it works fine. Setting up views on your number pad is confusing also, but there's a nice YouTube video somewhere that shows you how it all works.

Thanks Milke. The issue I am having is a bit more extensive. Almost every keyboard command is being disabled on all of my keyboards after switching from windowed to full screen. This includes my Windows key, my ESC key, and every keyboard function except ctrl+alt+del.

Also, the G13 isn't necessarily a number pad. You can map keyboard shortcuts to the keys, so the idea works well with Chaseplane and EZdok. The views actually do work with this setup, but they stop working after a period of time.

I just realized that there is an active Chaseplane support forum at AVSIM, so if the mods want to move this over there, feel free. In the meantime, I'm going to keep investigating. It is quite possible that it has noting to do with Chaseplane. I also need to get a handle on when this issue is happening and what actions/settings lead to my keyboards crashing.