Sign in to follow this  
Gearhead013

Best Gaming Computer for MS 2020

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to the MS flight sim scene.

My question is " What is the best gaming computer for the MS 2020 that is under 2 grand. I want the best experience possible but I'm not a millionaire. I don't want rhe bare minimum nor do I need the absolute maximum. Above average I will be happy with. I would be eternally grateful for any recommendations. 

Thank you in advance,

Brett Gearhart

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed email address

Hi Brett,

Given that MS FS 2020 is not out yet, you've got some time...

Hardware continues to get better and hopefully affordable..

If I were you, I would wait a bit until the test reports are in 🙂

That is what I am doing.

In the meantime, have a look at the Avsim hardware forum..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

22 minutes ago, Gearhead013 said:

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to the MS flight sim scene.

My question is " What is the best gaming computer for the MS 2020 that is under 2 grand. I want the best experience possible but I'm not a millionaire. I don't want rhe bare minimum nor do I need the absolute maximum. Above average I will be happy with. I would be eternally grateful for any recommendations. 

Thank you in advance,

Brett Gearhart

Read the min spec topic pinned at the top. I’d wait until it’s released before buying anything. I also removed you email address from your post. Not a good idea to post it in view. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you are looking to buy or build, I would wait until the new Nvidia graphics cards and new Ryzen processors are released. They will (hopefully) be a big step up in performance. Even if they are not, or are too expensive for you, the release of new tech will lower the price of previous models. The big one in my opinion are the new Nvidia gpu's, which will hopefully release this September. MFS2020 will probably not be released yet, but if it is that will give you time to scout the best options for you based on other performances and your own budget.

Look at the specs, then double them if you plan on running pmdg in the new sim.  Just a guess but thats how it is with p3d.  That being said zen 3 from amd, and the rtx 3000 series are expected in sept/october ish.  since fs2020 is not out yet wait for those parts before building an fs2020 system.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

The above is great advice. It was just announced today that nVidia has just shifted its production so you can expect to see a slight bump in current RTX card prices in response. 

Even the leaks of exceptional performance on older hardware by Alpha testers need to consider that the Alpha is not the final product and once everything makes it in performance may change. The Beta may give a closer clue, but these are all being run without the usual addons that most people add to their sim. We will have to wait until release plus time for PMDG to release their product to see what happens when a PMDG level aircraft gets added into the environment.

If you must buy right now, buy the highest performing gaming computer you can afford. To reach the performance needed to use the software at the same quality as seen in the official Microsoft released photos and videos, I would recommend the following: An i9 10900K or Ryzen 9 3900XT. I would pair this with a high end video card with the most VRAM I can afford such as a 2080 Ti. If the 2080Ti is too rich for your budget then at least a 2070 Super with its 8GB VRAM. Finally, 32MB of RAM and a M2 SSD dedicated to the game. This should put me into the performance area plus some extra room. Clearly you can get away with a lot less as this software will eventually run on an Xbox One. 

After running the Alpha I am not in a rush to build a new PC for MSFS. I have an older Haswell i7 4770K CPU with a last generation GTX 1070 video card and I anticipate that system will be capable on release day. 

• Upvote 1

There will be 3 verssions, Standard, Deluxe & Premium... No 2020 in sight!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Brett,

Given that MS FS 2020 is not out yet, you've got some time...

Hardware continues to get better and hopefully affordable..

If I were you, I would wait a bit until the test reports are in 🙂

That is what I am doing.

In the meantime, have a look at the Avsim hardware forum..

Bert, when do you plan to buy MSFS2020? 

I'd really appreciate your opinion, I can't decide for myself, lol!

Please, Bert..

Thank you!!

54 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Bert, when do you plan to buy MSFS2020? 

I'd really appreciate your opinion, I can't decide for myself, lol!

Please, Bert..

Thank you!!

Given that the preorder was announced today.. and I have an extra 500GB SSD + 16 GB of DRAM in my PC looking for something to do... probably later today 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

There will be 3 verssions, Standard, Deluxe & Premium... No 2020 in sight!

Robin, will you PLEASE climb down off that hobby horse of yours? Thank you in advance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

35 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Robin, will you PLEASE climb down off that hobby horse of yours? Thank you in advance.

I;m only on my hobby horse because of the fake renaming. Why? Surely it confuses the newbies who now know what the real name is, & now they see 2020!

Respect for the developers & distributors who have named it. .  

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Given that the preorder was announced today.. and I have an extra 500GB SSD + 16 GB of DRAM in my PC looking for something to do... probably later today 🙂

Done! Premium Deluxe, for the hell of it..

Cheers.

I read that the xboX will render its games in 4k at 60fps. So, if thats the case, aim for similar specs as that system for your PC. After all, XboxX going to be running MSFS too.......

20 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I read that the xboX will render its games in 4k at 60fps. So, if thats the case, aim for similar specs as that system for your PC. After all, XboxX going to be running MSFS too.......

So far I've been playing NHL series on XBOX ONE X only, never got interested in other xbox games because of it, even though I tried, and I tried! (talk about GTA, RDR2 etc).

Now it's a strange feeling having  MSFS come right next to my own personal NHL20 craziness on XBOX as well.

Edited by Dirk98
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1