Sign in to follow this  
bvandersyde

GTN 750 X-Plane 11 No data

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum type of question and answers, and would rather have a phone number for customer service for software that is $50.00 a pop!.    I run X plane 11 on a window 10 pc. I purchased the GTN 750 from RXP.  The software has worked pretty well and I think its awesome.  Recently something changed, I don't know what.  The GTN 750 shows up in the cockpit and turns on, but the start up screen says No database found.  when I turn to the map page, its just black.  What changed and how can I fix it??   I love the flight sim world and everything about it except the customer service when you have a problem.  The only way to communicate is by forum?   These add-ons are pricey and its so hard to get help.

can anyone guide me through this issue? please?

thanks folks.

Edited by RXP

16 hours ago, bvandersyde said:

I'm new to the forum type of question and answers [...] These add-ons are pricey and its so hard to get help.

Hi,

Please let me try to help you.

I'm not sure to if you're drawing the above conclusions based on any experience with RXP products though??!

In general, if something was working and not anymore, it is most likely something changing on your system in between.

• Have you manually moved some folders lately?
  • Have you uninstalled apps for example because you didn't know what they were about?
  • Have you changed user account settings?
  • etc...

Once accessing the changes on your system whether you're thinking these have a direct relationship to the trainer or not, the next step is cross-checking:

• Can you run the trainer standalone and check whether it is telling you it is missing the database too?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-luc,

thanks so much for responding.  I enjoy the software very much when its working.   I reloaded the trainer and I do have a data for that. I tried the GTN in XPlane and still no luck.  I made a mistake and downloaded the xplane Beta.  Is that my problem?  It was working , even after the Beta download, but has stopped.  I've tried downloading the software again from F1, but still no luck.  Can you walk me through a repair?

Bill

Edited by RXP

X-Plane 11.50B14 shouldn't be a problem for now, at least, not causing any GTN error regarding the database.

Have you by any chance installed the Garmin trainer as-admin? Are you running XP11 as-admin?

You might want to reconsider this and install the program as a normal user only, otherwise it can make some of the registry and/or files inaccessible to the running program (this is standard Windows limitations).

Can you please also post the content of the RXP log files? (see RXP user's manual for file/path)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)