Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Is AIG Good For Voxatc

I'm just getting back into Voxatc now its available with P3Dv5.  I currently don't have any 3rd party AI aircraft just the default, I've previously used UTLive with P3Dv4 but this wasn't compatible with Voxatc.  Looking at various forums AIG appears to be a good source for AI for P3Dv5 and hopefully Voxatc.  Can anyone confirm this before I start installing AIG as it looks a bit complicated to setup.

Glen

2 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

Can anyone confirm this before I start installing AIG as it looks a bit complicated to setup.

glen

there's a learning curve for sure  .... try AIFP first (the original compiler) first to understand how to build the inventory.

then you may choose to use AIMOCI which is less hassle but not necessarily what you may prefer ...  i can explain more if you wish but AIFP is more flexible to your needs.

bottom line is you need traffic.bgl's for VoxATC ... your call if you want "up-to-date" ones which are what AIG "tries" to give.

for now, cheers

john martin

Many thanks John I'll take a look at those.

Glen

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

glen

there's a learning curve for sure  .... try AIFP first (the original compiler) first to understand how to build the inventory.

John, is there a helpful tutorial for AIFP? I installed AIG OCI without much understanding of AI, so it's still a black box to me. I know AIFP is a very powerful utility for AI.

Thanks.

AIG isn't that difficult, and you'll still need AI models to use with AIFP.  The AIG "one-click installer" isn't quite one-click, but it's just an awkward interface.  Not hard once you run it.  Feel free to PM me if you want a walk-through.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Compared to how flightplans used to be installed with hundreds of "clicks", the AIG installer is relatively speaking, one click. You just install the app and pick your OCI flightplans. The app does the rest.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

is there a helpful tutorial for AIFP?

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP ........ detailed but is substantially about what AIM is doing except semi-automatic.

having used AIFP before the "invention" of AIMOCI & learnt about customising options (no need for United's domestic ops if you normally sim in Europe for example)

i have thus been loyal to it & besides you may like to install older / others plans which are not compatible with the AIMOCI procedures to do said install (or in parallel with AIMOCI's for local airlines)

ps don't forget to install the resultant / required folders outside of the sim (simobjects, textures, effects, scripts & traffic.bgl's)  as addons (Lorby's Organiser)

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I use Traffic Global which has a “real” one click installer 😜

Edited by rob0203