Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

11 minutes ago, lambourne said:

I'd love to preorder it but I would like to know more first. What's included with the release version other than planes and scenery: live weather, charts, multiplayer? Some, all, none of the above? If I buy the base version then what appears at EGLL or EHAM, some kind of low-res default? Nothing at all? The original Fairey Aviation layout circa 1944 with 4 grass runways?

I know we all "know" the answers on here but the Xbox page is very light on detail.

Seriously don't play those mental games with yourself.  You just buy Premium Deluxe, simple.  Otherwise you will regret it later.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Does this mean with pre ordering you can download the beta today?

Start preparing for take-off.  Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18, and you can pre-order on Windows 10* or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today. 

No, it means that with the Xbox Game Pass you can start pre-downloading the game today, so that you can play it as soon as it's released.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Does this mean with pre ordering you can download the beta today?

Start preparing for take-off.  Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18, and you can pre-order on Windows 10* or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today. 

No. You will be able to download the final version. But you won’t be able to use it. Only on the 07/18 you will be able to run it. And probably there will be an update for the release day, with fixes/improvements. That’s how it works on other games.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today. 

The "beta" in this sentence is referring to Gamepass on PC, It's still in beta.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The list of airports makes me think prem version.

P3D v5 and MSFS. How nice it will be to have two sims to enjoy. Shock horror lol

Interesting. Is there a list of the highly detailed airports included with each version?

Never mind: Found it... 🙂

Edited by travelabroad

🙂

8 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Btw - no VR and no Track IR :wacko: also.

So no pre order from my side.

Pre-order a Homecockpit with 210° view aswell...and then there is no need for VR 😉😜

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

51 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

wow fantastic news.

All the haters are going to tell you this is not the forum lol, the same people who said it would not come this year lol to them all.

Where are these imaginary "haters"? Why does this have to be a divisive thing? What is the point of making up some mythical conflict, and then laughing at these imaginary people? 

A new sim is an exciting thing. Yes, this is not the forum for ongoing discussions about MSFS, though the release date is significant enough to be posted here. 

I really hope that we're not now going to have a month+ of people crowing about how bad/dead Prepar3d is, and how much better MSFS is going to be. I strongly suspect that both sims will continue to fill important roles for those who enjoy flight simulation.

I will personally be pre-ordering this today, and flying it the moment it releases. I also remain committed to getting the most out of Prepar3d, and hope to do being so long into the future.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I love Facebook comments. Best one so far:

Anyone else disappointed with the airport situation? I was under the impression from the adverts that all airports will be highly detailed 😕 

Yeah shame on you Asobo. I want my 40.000 detailed airports now!

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

I am actually really pleased there is a Baron.  It's like my go to plane in XP many times, for flights or just testing.  I think MSFS has a brilliant selection of aircraft in general.   Only one extra I would really enjoy is a default 737 (any variety).

Greazer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Wow great news, everybody is blind sided!   Alpha is running very well but I honestly expected at least a few months for the Beta.

Fantastic surprise of new aircraft and airports for Premium Deluxe!

Bring it on MSFS 2020!

Greazer.

What part of standard, Deluxe & Premium are you missing? MSFS 2020 is officially fake news!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

At least, when the problem threads in the MSFS 2020 forum begin to arrive we can check in there and say "Asobo rushed the release because they feared that LM will have 5.1 early ready!" 😅

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

4 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Where are these imaginary "haters"?

On this forum...

• Like 3

Alright, now I really need to find myself a new desktop... Big bucks.

To my better half, I will plead that in the grand scheme of things, this is not such a bad midlife crisis to have 😁

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DaWu said:

I love Facebook comments. Best one so far:

Yeah shame on you Asobo. I want my 40.000 detailed airports now!

Wait until they find out their house is of wrong color in the game and the interiors are not modelled.

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 2