Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

It seems the Beta will only be open to those who have the XBox Pass, which I guess you could purchase for $1 and then cancel after one month. 

• Upvote 1

They have rush the game out for sure. IT seems to me the release is the Open Beta.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, tripper721 said:

It seems the Beta will only be open to those who have the XBox Pass, which I guess you could purchase for $1 and then cancel after one month. 

Don't think so. My understanding is that "beta" in the statement refers to XBox Pass for PC, not the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tripper721 said:

Where is this information obtained? 

Microsoft missed a trick as far as I am concerned. They could have released it on August 29, and called it Judgment Day :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

track IR support? 

Yes, would really like to get a yay or nay on this topic...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I agree.  Haters is kind of a mythical creation here.  There were some alpha testers who had legitimate issues with MSFS.  IE, Lack of seasons/Stuttering etc.  But they were also limited as to what they could say.  All I can say as somebody who has been doing this for almost 25 years.  I look before I leap.  Nothing is gained from dumping a sim that works great.  I'll buy MSFS and either fully move to it or I won't.  But it doesn't have to be a binary decision.  

Absolutely. It certainly looks like a revolutionary product, so it's a pre-order from me today - haven't done it yet, got distracted showing my teenage daughter the new trailer, even though she says she "doesn't like planes and will never like planes". 🙂

But it's also clear that it won't be a magical, perfect product. No Track IR, no VR, ? no Vatsim, requirement for high-end hardware (most alpha testers seem to have had premium rigs), very short 2-week beta test period before release. And expect unhappiness from those with slow internet connections as well. And how long will it be until PMDG and FSL have their planes ready? If history is any guide, I would not be holding my breath.

Fly MSFS, fly P3D, fly X-plane - and enjoy each sim for the things that it does best,

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, tripper721 said:

It seems the Beta will only be open to those who have the XBox Pass

That's not true. The 'Beta' in that sentence is referring to the the PC gamepass app, which is still in beta. 

I'm surprised no-one is commenting on the fact the sim appears to be coming with at least one real airline livery, Iberia.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

So on August 18th does that mean the NDA expires and alpha testers are free to talk?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Looking at my preview, it appears to be incredibly rushed. Maybe they have some hidden tricks, or this will just be "meh".

Anyway time will tell.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I don't see any float plane.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Why in the "Prepar3D forum"?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Any benefit of preordering you could think of?

Thanks.