Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

14 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Whats the point of pre-ordering? 

I have pre-ordered to give ASOBO some deserved recognition for the amazing achievement. 🙂

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, Chock said:

If you buy it on pre-order, it should direct you to install it, but if it does not, go to your MS account and find where the new sim is listed as something you own and you should see an 'install/play' button. Click on that. It may direct you to add your PC to the list of registered devices with MS, so if you need to do that, then go ahead. Once all that is done, and you click to install it, you should see something of about 20Mb or so in size downloading and installing. If you then look on your PC's start menu, you should see this, with the new sim listed:

rwVXKzZ.png

When the sim is officially released, clicking on that will trigger the download of the full sim, so you should be good to go the moment the official release date unlocks it. Right now if you click on it, it just says it isn't unlocked yet and directs you to the website for further details on the release date.

Thanks, Chock.  As always, you come to the rescue.  With your help, I figured it out and downloaded it.  I'M READY TO GO!!!

Stan

Guys, tried to buy but only US address option available for the credit card, is that common thing?

Just now, peteruk said:

Guys, tried to buy but only US address option available for the credit card, is that common thing?

Nope.. I bought with a Canadian address..

Bert

Little annoying, that I cannot choose the installation path of the application. 
(or maybe I'm missing something)

🙂

from my end is no option to change the country, fixed on US only // sorted

Edited by peteruk

4 minutes ago, travelabroad said:

This might help:

Where are games from Microsoft Store saved on Windows 10?

• Upvote 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 minutes ago, travelabroad said:

That's bothering me big time along with lack of trackir support. I built my system with a smallish ssd for the system and my fastest and largest ssd's for fightsim and storage. Not sure I want to redo my system just for MS. I'll probably skip the preorder and see what MS does after release.

Vic

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Unfortunately for those of you with a poor internet connection, there will be no option to purchase it on 20,000 Blu Ray disks. :smile:

We will have to see how it is going to run without any problems. No stutter etc.

Mo45

It's just the small launcher and core sim files that are installed on a dedicated location of your system drive (as it's the case for all apps/games from Microsoft Store), you'll be able to chose the location you want for the whole 90 (or so) GB sim content, that's how it's been when installing the alpha so I see no reason it'll be different for the retail version.

Edited by Jonathan Berthier
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

I have pre-ordered to give ASOBO some deserved recognition for the amazing achievement. 🙂

Same here. It's a way to show support mainly. You don't really have personal benefits other than the knowledge that you're ready to go. 😄

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

It's just the small launcher and core sim files that are installed on a dedicated location of your system drive

Can you say how much that is, please? It would be great if I can have it on my M2 C:\ drive and not have to buy a new bigger one and do a complete reinstall of Win10.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

9 minutes ago, jlund said:

Can you say how much that is, please? It would be great if I can have it on my M2 C:\ drive and not have to buy a new bigger one and do a complete reinstall of Win10.

Currently a whopping 10.2Mb 🙂 And the sim content which you can choose to put wherever you want is currently at 89Gb.
Of course that could still change for the retail version (especially if the alpha builds we got don't have all the bells and whistles as many seems to think lately) but seems pretty much like what Mathijs Kok said on the Aerosoft forums.

Edited by Jonathan Berthier

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

That's bothering me big time along with lack of trackir support. I built my system with a smallish ssd for the system and my fastest and largest ssd's for fightsim and storage. Not sure I want to redo my system just for MS. I'll probably skip the preorder and see what MS does after release.

Vic

The  base application apparently always goes on your C drive. (Kind of like simconnect)

The actual sim goes where you specify.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, travelabroad said:

When it becomes available for download, you should be able to install in the location of choice.

Edited by dexthom