Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

The  base application apparently always goes on your C drive. (Kind of like simconnect)

The actual sim goes where you specify.

Start menu, Settings, System, Storage, "Change where new content is saved", "New apps will save to:", choose a drive. No more C drive worries for the launcher.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, trainplane3 said:

Start menu, Settings, System, Storage, "Change where new content is saved", "New apps will save to:", choose a drive. No more C drive worries for the launcher.

Where have you been all my life?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 7/13/2020 at 11:03 AM, fogboundturtle said:

I wouldn't put too much faith in the default aircraft in the game.

I would. Just saying..

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

On 7/13/2020 at 12:03 PM, Brandon01110 said:

Now we just need Nvidia to release their 3xxx cards.

Not necessarily.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

On 7/13/2020 at 2:13 PM, overspeed3 said:

Everybody should get ready for the payware companies' fire sale that will be coming very soon to your neighborhood...

Sad part is even if they made all their products available for free download I wouldn't even bother.  Have ZERO intention on going back to P3D or XP11.  YES, I WILL MISS VR but it is for a short while.

• Like 2

Carmine

On 7/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, Bottle said:

Oh great. I'll be camping in the middle of a field without even phone signal on release day. I'll see you all a few days later.

Get a Verizon phone, that's what they're great for, having a signal where people don't really need one as well as the opposite issue.

Carmine

8 hours ago, peteruk said:

from my end is no option to change the country, fixed on US only // sorted

Have the same problem. How did you sort it.

Thanks.

Leon 

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

Thanks all for your suggestions. I tried moving the application folder (as per @trainplane3 suggestion) and I now have a WindowsApps folder in the root of my D-drive - which I cannot access 😕 

Grrrr...

🙂

9 hours ago, jlund said:

Can you say how much that is, please? It would be great if I can have it on my M2 C:\ drive and not have to buy a new bigger one and do a complete reinstall of Win10.

If you change drive C:\ to higher capacity, it is not necessary doing complete reinstal windows. You may use some of clonning software (i usually use free Macrium Reflect), which transfer your installed Windows with all installed software and data to new drive without any function change.

Edited by ludekbrno

48 minutes ago, travelabroad said:

Thanks all for your suggestions. I tried moving the application folder (as per @trainplane3 suggestion) and I now have a WindowsApps folder in the root of my D-drive - which I cannot access 😕

Did you try owning that that folder on your D-drive as 109Sqn posted on the last page?

109Sqn's Link to directions for owning folder

Just now, Bob_D said:

Did you try owning that that folder on your D-drive as 109Sqn posted on the last page?

109Sqn's Link to directions for owning folder

Playing with fire, guys! Dont fix what's not broken nor be the 1st to fiddle.. No rush, let others try first!

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

35 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Can we take these experiments to a new form please!

This has nothing to do with MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

MODS, do your moderating!

Owning the folder where Windows Store Apps are installed is a fundamental step to be able to interact with MSFS just like we are used to with P3D/XP11. I think this is very relevant information and not an "experiment". Better to clarify that as much as we can before the thing is released...

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

21 hours ago, severniae said:

But, what is the point of a pre-order? There is no benefit whatsoever. 

If I were MS I would grant everybody who pre-orders immediate Alpha/beta access (that is if he doesn't already have it)

Edited by chatman
  • Like 1

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

Oh this has probably been noted already, but what I like about the release announcement trailer:

• wingflex
  • 747 cabin view
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

14 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I have pre-ordered to give ASOBO some deserved recognition for the amazing achievement. 🙂

It isn't even released yet!!

For all you know it could be terrible. All anyone has is the word of their marketing team! 

I for one will be staying away from the marketing hype train and making a purchasing decision once it is out, when there are unbiased reviews for me to read and when all my information regarding the game doesn't come out of the Microsoft PR office.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg