Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

Assuming you use your Internet for other things like watching movies (and aren't going for the highest resolution), then 300 gig per month should be fine.  You might get away with 200 or less but you may have to turn down some settings.  The actual bandwidth used by streaming is significant but not excessive and will depend on where and how much you fly, probably under 50 gig per month  Updates, if any, will use considerable bandwidth.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Anybody wondered why internet bandwith is not listed anymore in the requirements? To me, this smells like all the streaming stuff (including photoground, the most important aspect of MFS) will not be part of the initial release but purely optional and as such, most probably resulting in additional costs. Not that I am surprised...

Of course it's optional, you can turn all off and fly offline. It's an option in the alpha settings. Don't see why they would leave it out of the initial game 

58 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I'm surprised you sat there and came up with that.......

😂😂😂😂

52 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Its amazing how much confusion and misunderstanding comes out of something relatively simple. No wonder why such bad politicians are being elected in certain regions of the world...

I agree, all the information is there but some people ignore it and present their own 🤦🏿‍♂️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muklum said:

I had the same problem in the UK. I solved it by going to the Microsoft App store and searching for "flight simulator". When I clicked on one of the resulting thumbnails it took me to the MSFS page on the Microsoft UK site, which gave the prices in UK pounds and accepted my UK address.

Thanks Muklum. I appreciate your help. Could buy, download and install without any problems after I logged in to the Microsoft South Africa site.

Leon Gerber

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

Question about windows10

Do you guys use the Home addition or the Professional addition.  I believe when I bought for laptop there were two version.

Starting to gather all information to buy new system now

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to buying it directly from MS or should I go through simmarket?  Especially with bandwidth...  I'm on a 200 mbps connection located in northern New Jersey.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

21 hours ago, DebauchedSloth said:

Why would I now balk at handing over a paltry $120 to Microsoft ten days before the product's release date? It's my small way of saying to Microsoft, "Thank you for resurrecting this product!". This will be a massive upgrade for me, as I have played no other flight sims since FSX. For me personally, it cannot possibly be "over-hyped".

I am pleased that you are so enthusiastic about this, but I think this is the same Microsoft who essentially stuck their fingers up at you > 10 years ago ... and then again 6 years ago .... ??
I am not going to be quite so quick off the mark to reward Microsoft with more $$$'s...

We all know that the real enthusiasts who are more in it for the sake of the other enthusiasts are LM and/or Laminar Research. Microsoft are just not interested in it other than as a showcase for other technologies ( X-Box, Bing, Azure services). I am slightly concerned they could JUST AS EASILY pull out of this in a few years when the novelty has worn off or something newer becomes more flashy for them.

Obviously, most people round here (including me... eventually 👍) will throw more $$$ at Microsoft, as the simulation DOES look great...I just think we should be a LOT more critical+questioning of the product/company motives...🤔

FWIW , I have been considering an update to my overclocked i5 2600K 4.4GHz 9+ years old system so the timing of this is quite good but I am gonna wait until AMD release their new Zen3 Ryzen 4000 Chips ... hopefully quite soon and then I too will grudgingly consider joining many of you .....😎

13 hours ago, carmined said:

Not necessarily.

ok, I do though.  I have a gtx1070 and its not good enough for the quality and performance that I seek.  I want AT LEAST 12GB VRAM.  22GB would be nice but i'm afraid of the price.  I'm playing at 1080p high quality, looking forward to 4k all max settings and above 60fps (if able) 

I'm just gonna have to wait until at least september and fight the stock battle of the new releases.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Preorder? Why, it will be on Windows10 clicking on store for purchase on 18.8? Never bought anything from  win10 store. Paypal? VR, openXR is supported?

Edited by Mike44

1 hour ago, wan2fly99 said:

Question about windows10

Do you guys use the Home addition or the Professional addition.  I believe when I bought for laptop there were two version.

Avoid the Home edition. Buy the Professional or Enterprise license.

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Actually, some of "us" know at least a bit more. I grant you take me as an example. And I pre-ordered the Aerosoft Premium Deluxe DVD edition right now.

Kind regards, Michael

I second that completely.

5 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I have been using the Alpha for months at this point and would gladly buy it even if the watermark removal was the only change.

I`m in alpha too, and I completely agree with you. I have gamepass, and only not having VR from start is the reason I´m not getting the Premium just yet. But this sim (and I´m sure the final release is miles ahead of the alpha) it´s on another level.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

30 minutes ago, Emerson67 said:

Avoid the Home edition. Buy the Professional or Enterprise license.

Why not Home edition? I think, that for home users hasn't Professional edition of W10 any advantage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wan2fly99 said:

Question about windows10

Home is perfectly OK!  All the additional stuff is really of no use to the Home simmer/PC owner.

Business environments usually use Pro & Enterprise.

Home
Windows 10 Home is designed for use in PCs, tablets and 2-in-1 PCs. It includes all features directed at consumers.[1][2][3]
Pro
Windows 10 Pro includes all features of Windows 10 Home, with additional capabilities that are oriented towards professionals and business environments, such as Active Directory, Remote Desktop, BitLocker, Hyper-V, and Windows Defender Device Guard.[1][2][3]

Enterprise
Windows 10 Enterprise provides all the features of Windows 10 Pro, with additional features to assist with IT-based organizations.[1][2][3] Windows 10 Enterprise is configurable on three branches, Semi-Annual Channel, Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted), and Windows Insider.[22]
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

48 minutes ago, Mike44 said:

Preorder? Why, it will be on Windows10 clicking on store for purchase on 18.8? 

That is something I was going to ask myself. Why preorder?