Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

1 hour ago, snglecoil said:

Wait....are you implying that I am wrong for flying an Airbus with a yoke!!! 😂

Guess you have egg on your face! oh bad joke, sorry. Yoke, egg, get it? Dad Joke

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

Flying (and especially landing) with a decent and smooth frame rate is even more important to me.  When I needed to replace my old monitor I bought a G-Sync one (which works fantastically with MSFS). 

I've never used a yoke before, as I prefer a HOTAS joystick/throttle. But I do own a very good set of pedals which really improves flight control (especially when flying helicopters).  If I was to purchase a yoke, it would be the "Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke and Switch Panel", which you can pick up for about $250.

I’m glad you said G-Sync works fantastically well with MSFS 🙂 no more stupid 30hz and 30fps carry on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tweekz said:

It's quite hard for a RL pilot to fly in a PC sim, cause of the lack of sense of motion.

You need one of theses:     Flight Chair

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m glad you said G-Sync works fantastically well with MSFS 🙂 no more stupid 30hz and 30fps carry on. 

It has always worked great for me, but others have had problems with G-sync. Perhaps it is their monitor or settings. I have an Acer Predator XB271HU 144Hz.

I'd recommend going into your NNNvidia control panel and making sure the your G-sync is set to "Enable for full screen mode", as setting to both windowed and full screen don't always work well.

• Like 1

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

It has always worked great for me, but others have had problems with G-sync. Perhaps it is their monitor or settings. I have an Acer Predator XB271HU 144Hz.

I'd recommend going into your NNNvidia control panel and making sure the your G-sync is set to "Enable for full screen mode", as setting to both windowed and full screen don't always work well.

I don't have MSFS yet..... however G-Sync works perfect for me with everything else that I use. 

Asobo just released alpha 6 with lots of goodies and I mean lots 😁 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I take it to mean the aircraft selection has been broadened quite a bit, eh? Yes, I know, you can't answer...

Just now, Dermot McClusky said:

I take it to mean the aircraft selection has been broadened quite a bit, eh? Yes, I know, you can't answer...

Yes, challenges, content manager etc 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, Farlis said:

Get a refund. 

On 7/13/2020 at 1:57 PM, eaim said:

Well there we have the reason for the premature release of P3D v5, LM must of been scared of the amount sales it would achieve with not much time between both releases if LM delayed their release.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:23 AM, ChaoticBeauty said:

I believe you can request for a refund during the first two weeks after purchase. It does give you some time to check it out and see if you find it enjoyable enough (after all the new simulator is about a month away) or decide to return the licence.

True, I could get a refund, but like ChaoticBeauty said, I need something between now and August 18. Besides, most addons won't be out for MSFS on release day.

55 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Yes, challenges, content manager etc 

Great news! Enjoy! Can't wait to have my hands on it in a bit more than a month.

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

content manager

For managing third party content, like scenery?  Can you download user developed scenery from the "store"?

Matthew S

2 hours ago, devgrp said:

OMG... is already 9PM here...

I'm a little nervous after reading some of the comments from 3rd party DEV.  The folks that make airplanes seem to say everything is going well while folks who build scenery are saying they are taken back by this release announcement and say it's no ready.

Steps appeared to have been methodical and deliberate but all of sudden it seems rush, rush, rush.  This isn't too reassuring for stability and functionality.

I'll hold off until at least the NDA is lifted.  

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

7 hours ago, MatthewS said:

For managing third party content, like scenery?  Can you download user developed scenery from the "store"?

Do you know, that NDA is still valid? Nobody can answer.

Maybe its part of the NDA to not disclose when it ends.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5