Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

13 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Also,  What is an ESP database?

This is from Reality XP website.

What is Microsoft® ESP™?

Microsoft® ESP™ is a visual simulation software development platform that brings immersive games-based technology to training and learning, decision support, and research and development for government and commercial organizations. As a full platform, it is an all-in-one set of simulation engine, tools, and content, enabling developers to affordably create compelling simulation solutions for their customers.

Simulations built on ESP can engage users in immersive experiences with very realistic land, sea, and air environments—making them ideal tools for training, evaluating, and preparing personnel for optimal performance in the real world. Microsoft ESP enables organizations to create, deliver, and realize the enormous benefits of immersive simulations while gaining a strong return on investment that’s not readily available from other platforms today.

As far as I can remember ESP was and still is the underlying technology behind FSX, P3D and has been in development constantly for decades. As per the Reality-xp website extract above illustrates it is a leading visual simulation software development platform for the industry.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

5 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Nope a database is a database, and a platform is a platform. Neither FSX nor ESP is a database. I thought that someone that thumb-sucks his names & descriptions needs to get his facts correct in order to have any validity. Anyhow, I'll let boys be boys...

Taking Wikipedia over a direct post from Microsoft?? Yeah, think I know where the so called thumb sucking is happening.

No one ever said ESP was a database. However, like many programs, ESP uses a database internally to store data. Ask any software developer if you need proof. The only one having trouble understanding this appears to be the one constantly accusing others of sucking thumbs.

• Like 2

Where is everyone ordering from? I see Amazon France has the sim up for preorder, I'm considering getting it there directly.

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

16 hours ago, goates said:

Taking Wikipedia over a direct post from Microsoft?? Yeah, think I know where the so called thumb sucking is happening.

No one ever said ESP was a database. However, like many programs, ESP uses a database internally to store data. Ask any software developer if you need proof. The only one having trouble understanding this appears to be the one constantly accusing others of sucking thumbs.

I also direct my thumb-sucked comments to those that talk about FSXX, FS20, MSFS20, MSFS2020/FS2020 (originating from Avsim) and other combinations of random letters and numbers. You know who you are! Yes, An ESP database was mentioned by a TS. Not in this particular forum, which is why I though he should be aware. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

There are no rules about what Microsoft Flight Simulator should be described as by users. People are free to name it as they wish. @Wobbie, give it a rest please.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK, but is so much fun.

I'll behave.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

On 7/15/2020 at 7:31 AM, XMAN said:

It says 75 dolars a month

Yes, YOU have to pay $75/month, we don't. That's the price you pay for not being educated.

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

2 minutes ago, lee said:

Reasons to pre order 1...2....3

PC VERSION

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/microsoft-flight-simulator-windows-10-pc

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-windows-10-pc

i have used these guys for years  never had any problems.

just wanted to share so we can all save some coin  

Regards

Lee

These sites, along with others like G2A, sometimes acquire keys from "poorer" regions where the keys are cheaper and re-sell for slightly less than you'd pay normally in order to make a profit. 

While not a terrible idea, sometimes the keys from "other" regions come with restrictions. For example, on Steam, Russian keys for Borderlands 2 activate a Russian-only copy of the game. Also, I've read cases of people running into other issues with key resellers, so.... caveat emptor. Remember, if it's too good to be true....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lee said:

Reasons to pre order 1...2....3

PC VERSION

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/microsoft-flight-simulator-windows-10-pc

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-windows-10-pc

i have used these guys for years  never had any problems.

just wanted to share so we can all save some coin  

Regards

Lee

Nice one Lee, will cancel and re-order

CDkeys are great, never had an issue

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

4 minutes ago, Mean Aerodynamic Chord said:

These sites, along with others like G2A, sometimes acquire keys from "poorer" regions where the keys are cheaper and re-sell for slightly less than you'd pay normally in order to make a profit. 

While not a terrible idea, sometimes the keys from "other" regions come with restrictions. For example, on Steam, Russian keys for Borderlands 2 activate a Russian-only copy of the game. Also, I've read cases of people running into other issues with key resellers, so.... caveat emptor. Remember, if it's too good to be true....

I don’t think cdkeys work this way. Like I said, Iv used these guys for years and never had any issues with key purchases for steam games and the likes of Ubisoft’s platform ect. Plus it would all be protected by PayPal.

One word of note is that the prices do throttle up and down. You will find that the closer to release day, the less discount you get. Give it a shot. 

hello guys the sim will be available only to microsoft store in digital and to aresoft shop in phisical version? i ask because i have some game bought on the windows store and I have difficulty accessing the "windowsapp" game folder so I was wondering tomorrow if it was possible or not to access the sim files if I needed it (for example on p3d several times I needed to access the game folder for some addons)

A month to go, and a pre-order feeding frenzy!

Early frantic days just to get a desktop icon.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

46 minutes ago, Gino Frozen said:

hello guys the sim will be available only to microsoft store in digital and to aresoft shop in phisical version? i ask because i have some game bought on the windows store and I have difficulty accessing the "windowsapp" game folder so I was wondering tomorrow if it was possible or not to access the sim files if I needed it (for example on p3d several times I needed to access the game folder for some addons)

Don't worry about the WindowsApps folder. For some reason people think you need access to it. No one here knows how addons work and those of us that do, can't disclose anything.