Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

Considering that @FS Captain Joe is still monitoring the Avsim forums, if he has any complaints I'm sure he'll address them.  I welcome him to review anything I've written.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Thank you, Ray. I have asked for an explanation, in the correct forum, as to why perceived breaches of Avsim's T's & C's have allegedly been condoned by moderators.

I'm looking forward for an explanation from a senior staff member.  

I will also no longer discuss any renaming of the sim in this forum, and I will accept any decisions taken in differentiating between Alpha & Beta discussions, as per Avsim's T's & C's, thus allowing Alpha discussions to take place.

Kind regards,

Robin (aka Wobbie)

Edited by Wobbie
  • Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft decided to give pre-purchasers access to the closed beta? , especially those who signed up early to be Alpha testers but never got invited.

Just a thought......

😉

• Like 4

Robin

16 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft decided to give pre-purchasers access to the closed beta? , especially those who signed up early to be Alpha testers but never got invited.

Just a thought......

😉

Maybe they are scared about all preorder customers request a refund, that would be very bad news at release day. wink

On 7/21/2020 at 1:40 AM, Chock said:

being propelled by two jet engines which are each kicking out well over 20,000lbs of thrust.

They don't. At least not at that altitude shown, but I get your point. The movements seemed questionable for sure. But I guess we'll have to wait and find out ourselves how the FDX will behave.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, RALF9636 said:

I think there are many who consider all this tweaking and fiddling around with files and folders an essential part of their simming experience. There is nothing wrong with that if someone enjoys it, but personally I have done enough of that with FSX and P3D. Time to move on.

I think it was great to have many ways of customizing things. Those who don't want to never had to, but those who felt the need were given the opportunity.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:53 AM, desbean said:

A pilot once told me that if flying in RL was as hard as it is in consumer sims (with none of the feedback that you get in a real plane), then all pilots would be dead.

I beg to differ. 🤣 I'll claim it's quite possible to master both.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:52 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Wobbie, I assume your last post was directed at me. That’s quite a statement to make if you can’t back it up with evidence. I’d be very surprised if any of the 37,000 airports that don’t appear in the enhanced categories are any more detailed than those in ESP.

Pretty sure they are, as they said exactly that in the video. Their creation process is entirely different from the way it was before. Again, we'll have to wait and see as we don't have much footage of the less detailed airports around the globe yet.

On 7/19/2020 at 3:07 AM, Far_Isle_Pilot said:

I have some exact quotes here from the Airports video that speak to the level that was gone to with 'manually edited' airports:

"All the airports in the world, including 37k 'manually edited' airports."

To make things even more confusing, you are quoting the slide of the video. What he verbally said however, was "37 (sic!) manually edited airports". 😅

30 minutes ago, badderjet said:

They don't. At least not at that altitude shown, but I get your point. The movements seemed questionable for sure. But I guess we'll have to wait and find out ourselves how the FDX will behave.

You also don't fly with 300kts IAS (which is relevant for the force of the air) at cruise altitude.

But it remains that in those vids the plane flies through the air as there would be little resistance and mass/inertia.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It just confirms that there is no real benefit in pre-ordering, you can still only fly on the 18th.  

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

It just confirms that there is no real benefit in pre-ordering, you can still only fly on the 18th.  

The real benefit is obvious, you can pre-install a few days before..... It even says that in his screenshot above..... That alone is a benefit. Whether it benefits you is a different matter entirely, but people with slower internet, it a really good benefit, cause it means they can start the download a few days before, and be ready to fly on release day 🙂 

• Like 9

Also, I don’t care how enormous your company is, if you’ve got 150 gigs per head ready to download on a highly anticipated day, those servers are gonna be hit and hit hard.  Obviously Microsoft has resources the rest of the flight sim industry doesn’t have, But I’m still  a bit worried that release day might be server crash day...  I’m downloading early if I can.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShawnG said:

Also, I don’t care how enormous your company is, if you’ve got 150 gigs per head ready to download on a highly anticipated day, those servers are gonna be hit and hit hard.  Obviously Microsoft has resources the rest of the flight sim industry doesn’t have, But I’m still  a bit worried that release day might be server crash day...  I’m downloading early if I can.

I think it's a sure bet that it's gona be hit hard, question will be is the data streaming on the same side as the install server.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 7/24/2020 at 1:22 PM, Wobbie said:

A special pre order plane or livery at least would be nice.

But to me, there is no reason NOT TO preorder. I know that I want it and I want to support the devs and MS for their decision to give us a next-gen flightsim.

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

When I told my wife about the imminent release of yet another flight, she was none too happy and when I told her it was £109 (as although I have kept my job but my wage has been reduced by 10% until March 2021 and no more overtime for the foreseeable future), she just shook her head and said is there no end to spending on your flight sims. I see her point, but somethings are 100% the right thing to do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

31 minutes ago, eaim said:

When I told my wife about the imminent release of yet another flight, she was none too happy and when I told her it was £109 (as although I have kept my job but my wage has been reduced by 10% until March 2021 and no more overtime for the foreseeable future), she just shook her head and said is there no end to spending on your flight sims. I see her point, but somethings are 100% the right thing to do.

Sounds familiar. 😄

• Like 2