Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

6 hours ago, Shug said:

My card has been charged now too. I'm wondering if the download of the release is being staggered based on geographic region. It might help server loads too. I've seen times posted such as 11pm on the 17th CST and Chock has posted 2300 on the 17th which I presume is UTC. Many other people are stating the 18th.

It seems that they will be doing the release date & time as per time zone.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

5 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

they will see MSFS as part of their games library on Steam, but nothing more.

The thing that you will be able to do more will be to Steam Broadcast from the community.

Also MSFS store posted that the size is 127Gb download. Also just saw a pic that the pre-download has started. (degiddy)

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I have ordered the Premium De Luxe edition of MSFS from CD keys.

On their site they advertise a World wide version and one for UK which is more expensive than the World wide version.

Does anyone know what the difference is?.

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

Why would you order from there instead of MS or Steam?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

OK, I'd just rather buy from the official guys. 

Anyone else buy from them?

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Anyone else buy from them?

I wouldn't. I talked about this on page 40 of this thread. Don't know about cdkeys.com specifically, but for other sites, what I said holds true:

If someone could please shed some light in plain English as I am not a native speaker.

I have just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of the simulator (the "middle" version).

But something is unclear. Do I need to purchase a monthly XBOX Game Pass subscription on top of the simulator in order to use it? 

While many people successfully "pre-installed" the game but as for me, everytime I click on the blue Install/Play button in my Microsoft account, it takes me to the store and offers the purchase... If I click on the three dots instead, and then on "Install on my devices" then the following error message is shown:

"It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."

The thing is, I am already signed in on my PC as well as the Microsoft account, that is where I am trying to install from...

Can someone please help me out?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

8 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

But something is unclear. Do I need to purchase a monthly XBOX Game Pass subscription on top of the simulator in order to use it? 

No.... What makes you think that? There's nothing on their website, Steam, or the MS Store that suggests this.

"It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."

The thing is, I am already signed in on my PC as well as the Microsoft account, that is where I am trying to install from...

But are you signed in to the MS Store? Open the MS Store app, then click the person icon on the top right corner then choose "Sign in".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Aerodynamic Chord said:

I was signed in from the browser. Maybe that was the issue. 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Success! Thank you! The problem was that I was logged in from a browser, not from the PC itself.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Would be interesting to know if the new sim offers Steam Workshop integration. Now that would be a great reason to order on Steam - even if Workshop support could come at a later time.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:59 PM, coopermc said:

I have ordered the Premium De Luxe edition of MSFS from CD keys.

On their site they advertise a World wide version and one for UK which is more expensive than the World wide version.

Does anyone know what the difference is?.

No, because there is no such thing as a "World wide version" and a "UK version. What there is - is confusion...

Honestly I would not risk buying a "key" from a third-party just to save a few dollars. Given that MSFS is not being released on DVD except through Aerosoft, I'm not even confident that any "key" will work in the first place.

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator