Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

Perhaps we could now put the subscription theory to rest for good...

What's surprising though is that it will not even be a full month of beta testing.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Where my "will definitely have a subscription" peeps at???

Where are all the low-level P3D third party add-on developers telling us this is 'years from being released', 'won't contain complex aircraft', and 'take a super computer to run.'

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Matt King

At least no more watermark in August.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, threegreen said:

Perhaps we could now put the subscription theory to rest for good...

The only plausible "subscription theory" I know about, was related to the nav-charts and navigation data service.

🙂

Well ... if the public beta test starts July 30 and the release is August 18 ... what status you think that release is? Can't be anything else than beta plus maybe the first couple of beta-issues solved. But that's OK, it's online software ... new updates will probably roll in regularly, just like Windows 10.

• Like 1

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

Wow, that's quite a bit more content than I was anticipating, especially for a mid-August release. I know people have posted that the alpha could contain a limited feature set, but it looks like they really held back on content for the alpha. Well played.

• Like 4

Chris

33 minutes ago, Mean Aerodynamic Chord said:

.... I just bought P3D v5 yesterday! Oh well.

I believe you can request for a refund during the first two weeks after purchase. It does give you some time to check it out and see if you find it enjoyable enough (after all the new simulator is about a month away) or decide to return the licence.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

Well ... if the public beta test starts July 30 and the release is August 18 ... what status you think that release is? Can't be anything else than beta plus maybe the first couple of beta-issues solved. But that's OK, it's online software ... new updates will probably roll in regularly, just like Windows 10.

OR it could mean the sim behind the scenes is far further along than anyone thinks, and this closed beta release is really a final bug cleanup. No clue, but that’d make the most sense to me.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

I depends on what the Closed Beta will be. It may come with a big improvement and loads of new content compared to Alpha, looking at the list of content included with the release version. Without going into any detail, as an Alpha tester I don't think it would be too unrealistic to have a big leap between versions. Someone else already said the Beta might be more of a stress test for infrastructure.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, FlyingInACessna said:

OR it could mean the sim behind the scenes is far further along than anyone thinks, and this closed beta release is really a final bug cleanup. No clue, but that’d make the most sense to me.

That is my suspicion...the broader alpha/betas and the in-house alpha/betas may not necessarily be aligned.

I’m beyond excited for this, Asobo really managed to pull off a massive surprise today, both in terms of release timing and content.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

I am actually really pleased there is a Baron.  It's like my go to plane in XP many times, for flights or just testing.  I think MSFS has a brilliant selection of aircraft in general.   Only one extra I would really enjoy is a default 737 (any variety).

Greazer.

Bruh that's my go to aircraft too! I didn't even realize it was there hahaha! If it was shown in the trailer I'll feel embarrassed. Thanks for pointing it out. It's not in the standard edition so this cements my choice to go for the most expensive one

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

35 minutes ago, travelabroad said:

The only plausible "subscription theory" I know about, was related to the nav-charts and navigation data service.

The thing is this has been going on for about a year even though we have the developers/pulishers statement that there is no subscription whatsoever and everything else hinting against a subscription as well (for example that fact that they would have to make clear it will have a subscription for certain parts of the sim because otherwise it would be false advertising and there is no such statement). Now we have the release date and price points for the versions, so while the debate became redundant months ago it should stop for good now.

• Like 2

On the fence as whether to pre-order, since I will probably not be upgrading my machine until September. It will either not run or kill my old rig....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Apart from the obvious excitement, I'm looking forward to what the 3rd party situation will be like on release day. They said 100+ developers have had the SDK for some time now and that there is a lot in the works already and that they think some of it may be available on release day. I'm rather positive we won't have to wait as long as we used to for 3rd party stuff to arrive.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Um Ray, this IS the MSFS forum! It was moved here from the P3D forum. Unlocked.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator