Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It might be now but wasn't when I locked it.

No problem Ray. It may have been more proper for me to have merged this topic with one of the others, but that's more effort! 😉

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I believe you can request for a refund during the first two weeks after purchase. It does give you some time to check it out and see if you find it enjoyable enough (after all the new simulator is about a month away) or decide to return the licence.

Or you spend a dollar for a one-month gamepass subscription. Seriously, if you care enough to post here, it's worth a buck to see for yourself what the sim is like.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Or you spend a dollar for a one-month gamepass subscription. Seriously, anyone who cares enough to post here, but isn't going to spend $1 by release day to see for themselves what the sim is like is crazy.

This is true and an easy way to check out the simulator before proceeding for a purchase, but I was referencing Prepar3D in the post you quoted.

• Like 1

Well, I pre-ordered the "Premium" version and had a bit of trouble getting it to install. Finally it did...

...but now my Alpha won't run any longer. Oh well, it's not a tragedy but it is rather peculiar!

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

29 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Why not? It’s worked for X-Plane for 20 years! 😁 Seriously, I do hope seasons are included at release, but I’m not sure how easy that will be to do, when most of the underlying Bing imagery was taken in spring or summer in most places in the world.

Some switched to P3D for this very reason.  I agree that it wouldn't be very easy for them to do.  Hence why I am skeptical.  Everybody has a different niche for their flying.  I enjoy simulating airline flights.  Simulating a 737 or A320 into Montreal in January during a real world snowfall but in a setting that looks like spring or summer just won't cut it for me.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

28 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I still don't see why anyone would pre-order for a download.

I've been wondering the same thing. What advantage do you gain pre-ordering?

I gave up that practice years ago.

Edited by DavidP
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

4 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I gave up that practice years ago.

You could preload the game to have it available upon startup when servers can be expected to be overheated (it's MS, but believe me, they can suffer such issues). But for this purpose a couple of days in advance should be sufficient as well.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, DavidP said:

The "advantage" is that when pre-ordering you get the launch software installed immediately, so when the release is made just after midnight on Aug 17th you will need only launch the pre-installed "Launcher..." 😄

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

Everybody should get ready for the payware companies' fire sale that will be coming very soon to your neighborhood...

• Like 2

Must be a mistake.  They are in Alpha now, closed beta early July then just a few weeks later its an open beta?   Gotta be they meant July 2021 since they didnt mention the year.   Now it makes sense. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

16 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Some switched to P3D for this very reason.  I agree that it wouldn't be very easy for them to do.  Hence why I am skeptical.  Everybody has a different niche for their flying.  I enjoy simulating airline flights.  Simulating a 737 or A320 into Montreal in January during a real world snowfall but in a setting that looks like spring or summer just won't cut it for me.  

Why is everyone convinced there won't be seasons? They had seasons in the trailer they just released today...

13 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Everybody should get ready for the payware companies' fire sale that will be coming very soon to your neighborhood...

Or hopefully announcements about compatibility. I have been holding off on a couple A2A aircraft for months. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Pals, 

I recommend you all wait to see how it works and play... Is all that I can say. You will be able to get it the realease day for sure. 

Cheers

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Why is everyone convinced there won't be seasons? They had seasons in the trailer they just released today...

I don't think everyone is convinced of anything at this point.  But there are no seasons in the alpha and they have said nothing about it having seasons upon release.  Maybe it will.  Hope it does.  But right now it's a smart guess we won't have seasons and it is unknown when we will.  All I saw in the trailer was snow on the ground in manhattan.  I didn't actually see it snowing.  So big difference.  I also didn't see any fall leaves.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I am looking forward to simMarket putting up a tab for MSFS products. They are currently showing a banner for it on their website.

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png