Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

4 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Who? Where?

All I've seen around is people here hating on Prepar3d v5 (ahem), effectively nothing of the reverse.

I’ve given you one .

I just imagine Austin Meyer's face today.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

That's my birthday.... 😄

12 days before mine. I took the week of my BD off, so I'll probably have taken root in my sim chair by the time I have to go back to work!!

Russ

Edited by b1bmsgt
  • Like 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Here's a nice personal recollection by Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok on working with Asobo:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/154700-aerosoft-official-retail-partner-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/&tab=comments#comment-989186

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

12 days before mine. I took the week of my BD off, so I'll probably have taken root in my sim chair by the time I have to go back to work!!

Russ

Russ, would you be up for testing some 32-bit Carenado planes with me in MSFS on release day?

EDIT: I just realized - that is my 2000th Avsim post! Microsoft, if you are reading, feel free to send me a free copy of MSFS, premium deluxe preferred. Thanks Satya, and I am sorry about the whole "Occupy Redmond" thing, hopefully everything is back to normal at MS now.

As I was in a celebratory mood, I just revisited the 2017 thread that I was referencing in my comment. Russ and I flew some planes in the then-new P3D v4 which certainly had no business being anywhere near a 64-bit sim. 

Guys, we absolutely have to do this with MSFS on 18th August. Look forward to seeing you for the test flights! 🙂

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

As a tester and I'm excited to get my hands on the retail. Also look forward to seeing how the beta performs compared to the alpha builds, I suspect it'll be the retail version minus some features.

I recommend we review this promo video before we say NO SEASONS .. also note >> we will have FULL REAL WORLD WEATHER (I think it's safe to say we will see it snowing) 😉

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Oh great. I'll be camping in the middle of a field without even phone signal on release day. I'll see you all a few days later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Oh great. I'll be camping in the middle of a field without even phone signal on release day. I'll see you all a few days later.

Same here :))

I just realized that the week of release is my first of two weeks vacation...bonus!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Premium Deluxe here ordered 😎

@OzWhitey congrats with your 2000th post here, always a milestone those...

Would have been at my 5000th post if wasn't for the AVSIM hack we have had in the past, o well 😉

• Like 1

André

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Well, I pre-ordered the "Premium" version and had a bit of trouble getting it to install. Finally it did...

...but now my Alpha won't run any longer. Oh well, it's not a tragedy but it is rather peculiar!

How did you install it? Mine literally ran a 10mb file, placed an icon on the desktop and that was that? 

13 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Hahaha, same for me, will be camping in the wild on the 18th! Will have to wait until the following weekend.

11 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How did you install it? Mine literally ran a 10mb file, placed an icon on the desktop and that was that? 

I dont think that you can install it, as it has not been released yet.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...