Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

This whole timeline makes me so puzzled. They just announced closed beta in 30th of July. Now full launch just two full work weeks after. What do they expect to accomplish in such short beta phase?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

There´s so many planes that we haven´t seen anything about yet. Including 787. They must be post launch things.

I am intrigued by the bimotor prop aircraft that we never heard of if I am not mistaken and that marketing concept of additional aircraft . I wouldn't surprised that some come from external developers, hence the additional cost for 5 and 10. Same for the airports.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hopefully this means NDA should be lifted soon!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

A very, very short beta, don't you think ? If I believe the echos from many testers  from various sources the sim is still not mature.  I would have felt more confident with a release around Thanksgiving with 3 full months of beta.   Hope we don't see once again the classic case of marketing  prevailing over development, leading to a rocky release. 

Time will tell... 

There is conflicting information from the testers so I am not sure who to believe. You might be right with it being a rushed release, but with their plans to expand upon it for several years, perhaps it will be hard to classify the simulator as finished or mature at any stage. As long as the game-breaking bugs are dealt with, it should run fine for the overwhelming majority.

At this point the Closed Beta is almost certainly only a stress test of the infrastructures before release, and maybe to catch a couple of more game-breaking bugs before release.

• Like 2

Exciting news!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I hope that those who pre-order can also get access to the closed beta as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think the haters will also be able to say much more once it's released.  Many of the haters were alpha testers.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Standard for me as I will enjoy it with anything till the NG3 (MAX) comes and FSL, I now can see why Robert at PMDG was saying how good the NG looks in it, very close now 🙂 

Where did he say that, do you have a link? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Where did he say that, do you have a link? 

He briefly mentioned it when they released the 737 NGXU for P3D v5.

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I am intrigued by the bimotor prop aircraft that we never heard of if I am not mistaken and that marketing concept of additional aircraft . I wouldn't surprised that some come from external developers, hence the additional cost for 5 and 10. Same for the airports.

Yeah there must be a handful of 3rd parties involved with these planes. They've been developing them within their own process  and team outside of the Alpha program. That would at least explain why they haven't been available for Alpha testers.

From another thread, I understand that the additional cost for airports and aircraft is actually designed to drive the Gamepass crowd to buy the game. With the GP, you just have the standard edition. If you want the goodies, open your wallet. Smart guys 😄.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What about of charts? Will be included finally out of the box? If yes, all 3 packs will get them.

so have they further addressed whether seasons will come and when?  I can't imagine people being happy flying in the northeast this winter landing with green trees and no snow/ice

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Hmmmmmm: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ 

BUT WHAT ABOUT VR MODE ??? :wacko:

I dont see here any info. No VR here, no joy. 👎

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I pre-ordered, and you can install it now, but won't be able to play until August 18th! And you won't get charged until 10 days before it's released!