Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

It says on the product page that 16 gig system and 4 gig video memory is "recommended" If this is true the bells I'm hearing are the funeral bells for P3D.

The true king has returned to the Iron Throne and all the other pretenders are falling by the wayside.

27 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It says on the product page that 16 gig system and 4 gig video memory is "recommended" ..

This might not be the only reason.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

28 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It says on the product page that 16 gig system and 4 gig video memory is "recommended" If this is true the bells I'm hearing are the funeral bells for P3D.

The true king has returned to the Iron Throne and all the other pretenders are falling by the wayside.

Obviously not!

WE are not P3D's market, & their commercial & training market will not be affected at all, as MSFS is an entertainment product, not for training & commercial use.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

5 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

Do you know, that NDA is still valid? Nobody can answer.

Still in force.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

MSFS: "-Dracarys!"

😄

10 hours ago, kaha said:

Maybe its part of the NDA to not disclose when it ends.

Karl

I would think the NDA would never “end”... if you’re testing an unfinished product you cannot disclose what has not already been released to the public. When the actual sim is released, testers will be able to discuss features of the sim that were released to the public. Considering they’re calling it a closed beta, they will likely enforce an NDA on the beta as well until release (aside from some influencers / streamers to promote the product in the weeks before).

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'll just say this. One of the greatest achievements of MSFS is how well they've gotten it to perform in situations that would bring P3D to its knees with half the detail.

• Like 2

Didn't Microsoft Flight promise that?

4 minutes ago, GHD said:

Didn't Microsoft Flight promise that?

Promise what?

On 7/16/2020 at 7:08 AM, MichiGanderFlyer said:

I love these guys. There are several real world pilots on YouTube I watch and it's great when they do try a flightsim.  They apologize for how badly they do in them. Goes to show you just how far we still need to go to make Sim flying more realistic. 

A pilot once told me that if flying in RL was as hard as it is in consumer sims (with none of the feedback that you get in a real plane), then all pilots would be dead.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:39 PM, MichiGanderFlyer said:

Im a bit confused on the packaging, and quantity of Airports. In the Airports Feature Discovery video. the say "All airports in the world and 37k manually edited airports" (That is alot of manual editing). and they preselected 80 of the most popular and most visited airports to give them some extra care. 

Now in the Premium Deluxe Edition, there are only 40 Premium airports. Now.... either someones math is wrong, or I cant count.  they gave an example of Gatwick being such an airport in this (80).  So Im assuming some of these hand modeled airports are buried in the SIM? or are they coming at a later date and we dont know it. 

80 Extra Care airports don’t have custom building models, the 40 hand crafted ones do.

20 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Considering they’re calling it a closed beta, they will likely enforce an NDA on the beta as well until

Closed just means how people access it, that doesn’t mean it will have an NDA. I’ve been in a few closed betas that didn’t have NDAs.

19 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Closed just means how people access it, that doesn’t mean it will have an NDA. I’ve been in a few closed betas that didn’t have NDAs.

The NDA is still in effect  in the closed beta, as stated in the latest development update.

Quote:

CLOSED BETA TIMELINE

As a Special Thanks to all of you in the Alpha Community for your feedback and dedication to help make Microsoft Flight Simulator awesome, we are giving you early access to the Closed Beta build today. A reminder that the NDA is still in place for the Closed Beta. Enjoy!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

80 Extra Care airports don’t have custom building models, the 40 hand crafted ones do.

So, to confirm, all the airports will be very detailed, and the Standard version will have 30 super detailed, Deluxe with 35 super detailed & Premium with 40 super detailed. It has been musunderstood that these are the only airports that will be in MSFS. These are only the super detailed. All the others will be there, not in such detail, giving the payware developers a large market to develop.Well played to create a market for the add-on guys.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Any one knows what the final installed disk size is, let's say the premium version?

Cheers