Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

12 more days of this is going to be painful, I think we've exhausted this thread 🙂

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

8 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Well with a username of Agrajag, I'm not surprised you like such things.:wink: Arthur Dent had such a large impact on Agrajag's lives, both literally and figuratively! Bravo to you, sir for the username! :cool:🍻

Thx. I picked the username back in the 80s when I first played a first-person shooter. I was thinking, "What names comes to mind that comes into existence, moves around a bit and then, almost immediately dies before repeating the process over and over?" Only one obvious name jumped to mind. About once every few years I get a comment from someone who gets it.

• Like 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Pre ordered Premium Deluxe on Steam. Thought it was safer to stick with Steam, as it is very reliable. One thing that bothers me a wee bit, is developers like Flight Beam,are they going to embrace Steam versions of the new sim ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

Pre ordered Premium Deluxe on Steam. Thought it was safer to stick with Steam, as it is very reliable. One thing that bothers me a wee bit, is developers like Flight Beam,are they going to embrace Steam versions of the new sim ?

Its about time they do.

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Seems great right up until I see all the GNS avionics in the aircraft. The Garmin GTN series navigators have been around for a decade already and Garmin is already phasing out support of the old GNS line... 

In reality we should be able to build our own aircraft with preferred avionics. The aftermarket "commercial" for purchase add-on plugins leave a lot to be desired. 

Edited by BrianNEE

I bought XBOX PC Game Pass for a promo price of $1.15 CDN this month and $4.99/month there after......and the base MSFS is included!!

Installed and ready to go on the 18th. 🙂

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

1 hour ago, ranold said:

I bought XBOX PC Game Pass for a promo price of $1.15 CDN this month and $4.99/month there after......and the base MSFS is included!

what is not included is long term. 5 years at 4.99 is $299 but 10 years if you buy premium is 50% less.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

23 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

what is not included is long term. 5 years at 4.99 is $299 but 10 years if you buy premium is 50% less.

True, but kind of a moot point if you plan on keeping Game Pass anyway, because of all the other free games appearing every month etc.

It's also a great way to test MSFS against your current hardware etc.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

On 8/6/2020 at 5:01 AM, ZKOKQ said:

I also prefer Steam, but am wondering if 3rd party developers are going to release for the Steam version?

I hope so!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Just now, Pugilist2 said:

I also prefer Steam, but am wondering if 3rd party developers are going to release for the Steam version?

I hope so!

Why wouldn't they? It literally makes no difference, and if anything, Steam version is going to be better than MS Store version since it won't install the sim to a protected, "secret" folder.

30 minutes ago, Mean Aerodynamic Chord said:

Steam version is going to be better than MS Store version since it won't install the sim to a protected, "secret" folder.

That's only for the downloader app.  You can specify where you want the sim to install.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

My payment has just been paid into MS bank account. One step closer to launch.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

My card has been charged now too. I'm wondering if the download of the release is being staggered based on geographic region. It might help server loads too. I've seen times posted such as 11pm on the 17th CST and Chock has posted 2300 on the 17th which I presume is UTC. Many other people are stating the 18th.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

8 hours ago, Mean Aerodynamic Chord said:

Why wouldn't they? It literally makes no difference, and if anything, Steam version is going to be better than MS Store version since it won't install the sim to a protected, "secret" folder.

Who knows why they wouldn't, but no one knows yet is my point!

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

12 hours ago, LHookins said:

That's only for the downloader app.  You can specify where you want the sim to install.

Hook

Exactly, it's a very probably, that the folders and files structure of MSFS will be the same for both store, Steam and MS. Only some people are still naively thinkink, that Steam get him some advantage with completely open folders and files structure, if they buy MSFS via Steam 🙂 . There will be only one advantage, that they will see MSFS as part of their games library on Steam, but nothing more.

• Like 1