Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

1 minute ago, Thomasso said:

Are there any benefits if you pre-order?

Not sure but I was hoping that they will give us who pre-order early access to the beta, and I heard that the price might go up later.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

As I posted in another thread;

So If you buy the deluxe version, you get 10 ‘add-ons’ at £2/$2 each. 

If you then get the premium deluxe, you get another 10 ‘add-ons’ at £3/$3 each, which includes an airliner and some really complex airports!

Seems really good value. When the third party market is up and running I don’t think you’ll be seeing many hand made renditions of Heathrow or Los Angeles for £3......

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, 2reds2whites said:

As I posted in another thread;

So If you buy the deluxe version, you get 10 ‘add-ons’ at £2/$2 each. 

If you then get the premium deluxe, you get another 10 ‘add-ons’ at £3/$3 each, which includes an airliner and some really complex airports!

Seems really good value. When the third party market is up and running I don’t think you’ll be seeing many hand made renditions of Heathrow or Los Angeles for £3......

Exactly, I'm thinking the same 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Since the information about the function of the aircraft is very small, I wait until September at the earliest and then read the opinions of you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The default aircraft will be better than previous default aircraft, yes true, but a default won’t be as good as a decent payware version, and that won’t change anytime soon. 
It just depends on what you want from your aircraft models.

My 11 Year old will be getting MSFS for his Xbox and I’m sure will enjoy the default aircraft and the extra £50 for more default aircraft may be a good choice for him . I’m just thinking for the users of this forum who are more discerning ,payware might be a better use of £50.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Sooooooooo.........

Everyone gets to become a paying Beta tester?

Isn't it what they are doing right now with Vulcan and v5 ?

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Baron G58 we've never seen it in previews did we ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, jon b said:

The default aircraft will be better than previous default aircraft, yes true, but a default won’t be as good as a decent payware version, and that won’t change anytime soon. 
It just depends on what you want from your aircraft models.

My 11 Year old will be getting MSFS for his Xbox and I’m sure will enjoy the default aircraft and the extra £50 for more default aircraft may be a good choice for him . I’m just thinking for the users of this forum who are more discerning ,payware might be a better use of £50.

That £50 wouldn’t by you the cheapest 787 add-on for prepar3d. 

The cheapest standalone Heathrow airport add-on for Prepar3d is the same price as the jump from Deluxe to Premium Deluxe alone - and I’d wager the MSFS will be much better. 

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Like 4

Given how cheap the beta XBox game pass is, I'm planning to subscribe for a month or two, see how everything runs, then buy whatever version I feel would fit my needs best.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I have a feeling this is going to be a rushed release.

It's literally been six years in the making, we've only heard about it last June

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm excited to see screenshots from everyone else!  I'll probably do Premium as well...  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Baron G58 we've never seen it in previews did we ?

It did show up a few times but only briefly or was hard to see.

I have RW time with the C-150 aerobat, love it. Glad to see it. Also the C-172 steam gauge version I have been waiting for. Don't care about the tube liners but will get the Premium version anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

That £50 wouldn’t by you the cheapest 787 add-on for prepar3d. 

True , but there’s a good reason for that.

I’m not wanting to give the impression I’m knocking anything here , your money your choice. I just think as simmers rather than gamers we should perhaps temper our expectations of what default aircraft will offer that’s all.

As you mention the 787 for P3D , presumably QW I’ll use that as an example.I’m currently using that exact product to prepare and get familiar with the aircraft before doing a type rating on the real aircraft. That product although not without its limitations is perfectly up to that task and is money well spent, for me at least. 
Paying extra to get my hands on a default 787-10 ...probably not.

Again just my perspective.

If people are happy with their default aircraft then super deluxe may be the way to go for them, others may wish to spend the money on payware.

Horses  for courses I guess.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.