Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

3 minutes ago, jon b said:

As you mention the 787 for P3D , presumably QW I’ll use that as an example.I’m currently using that exact product to prepare and get familiar with the aircraft before doing a type rating on the real aircraft. That product although not without its limitations is perfectly up to that task and is money well spent, for me at least. 
Paying extra to get my hands on a default 787-10 ...probably not.

I hold a 787/777 TR and couldn’t think of anything worse 😂

Premium for me, the perspective of it being a lot of money has to be compared to the amount of enjoyment for years to come that could be had by such a simulator.

the cost to enjoyment in my opinion warrants the financial contribution/support to obtain the premium version. 

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

3 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I hold a 787/777 TR and couldn’t think of anything worse 😂

Which bit ?doing the type rating or using QW or default, or all of it ?😂

Im coming off the 744 and finding it all like flying a spaceship in comparison at the moment 😂

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

5 minutes ago, jon b said:

Which bit ?doing the type rating or using QW or default, or all of it ?😂

Im coming off the 744 and finding it all like flying a spaceship in comparison at the moment 😂

Using a desktop sim to help out. Did that on the Airbus, but find it much better just to get the panels printed and do the scans in my living room. 

You’ll like the 787. Superb air quality, cruises high and fast. Don’t scare yourself on the first double derated EFATO in the sim.....

Edited by 2reds2whites

22 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

It's literally been six years in the making, we've only heard about it last June

So you're saying that the game being in development for 6 years is a guarantee that the game will be in a finished state on launch day?

I‘ll go for the premium version, mostly because of the airports and the Dreamliner.

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I'm going all in PREMIUM for me. Preordered and waiting, bring it on and good bye to FSX.

Edited by Jeff 83

@2reds2whites
I’m using VR so the flight deck is  an accurate 3D 1:1 scale representation so it’s been very useful for familiarisation.

The trouble is I keep getting tempted to go and play in the T-38 instead of studying 😀

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Can anyone help explain what the pricing model is? Is it literally just like FSX was, multiple tiers of buy it.  There is no subscription right?

Plus in app purchases ? , real weather flight planning 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just now, G-RFRY said:

Plus in app purchases ? , real weather flight planning 

Just refers to an in-game marketplace.

41 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I have a feeling this is going to be a rushed release. I'll wait until launch day.

It was supposed to be going into beta, and now its suddenly a release. How typical.

And hey, what could possibly go wrong...........?

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

So you're saying that the game being in development for 6 years is a guarantee that the game will be in a finished state on launch day?

There has never been a Flight Sim that was ever "finished" in my 25 years of simming and believe that FS20 will be in development for the next 10 years still and yes there will be bugs on launch. But what I'm saying is that they have had plenty of time to make a product that in my opinion won't be 100% at launch but close enough. Look at the other flight sims right now, they are all broken even after all this time.

There is ONE major flaw with all of this, there's is not ONE independent review with gameplay of said product.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD