Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

I must admit, I'm a tad skeptical at how soon it's coming out.  I don't normally pre-order games, HOWEVER I will be buying the Premium version of MSFS this week.  I want the total package, and I know I'll be getting my money's worth out of it, so Premium it is for me.

Now I just need to build my new PC between today and August 18th....

• Like 1

Wow the airports & aircraft look like pay-ware quality but I'm sure there not up to everyone's favorite "study level".

I hope the aircraft are at least Carendo level.

I'm sure some developers are not happy since the quality of MSFS2020 are up to their quality...Darryl

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

There has never been a Flight Sim that was ever "finished" in my 25 years of simming and believe that FS20 will be in development for the next 10 years still and yes there will be bugs on launch. But what I'm saying is that they have had plenty of time to make a product that in my opinion won't be 100% at launch but close enough. Look at the other flight sims right now, they are all broken even after all this time.

There is ONE major flaw with all of this, there's is not ONE independent review with gameplay of said product.

Well, can't disagree with that. Just hoping that it won't be too far from the marketed features. People have such high expectations of the product at the moment so launching a buggy product would not put MSFS on a good path long term. According to the patch notes they are still fixing some of the quite fundamental features in their planes.

Edited by Kopteeni

I'll be a premium purchaser. I will want all the content from the start. I feel if I don't I'll end up regretting that decision. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

2 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I feel if I don't I'll end up regretting that decision. 

I understand, I just went to FsElite and on the New Previews for FS2020 the comments says that it's nothing like in the previews and another said that he dislikes it and looks arcade like so....

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Premium version purchased. No-brainer of course.

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

3 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I understand, I just went to FsElite and on the New Previews for FS2020 the comments says that it's nothing like in the previews and another said that he dislikes it and looks arcade like so....

There will always be people who only see the negatives. It's important that you base your opinions on your own experience and not be steered by others. 

From every bit of previews I've seen I will gladly buy this sim. Anyone expecting it to be perfect right from release is unrealistic. I am confident with Asobo, Microsoft and our 3rd party developers that over time we will mold this simulator into a powerhouse. Just like we did with FS2004, just like with FSX and just like we did with P3D.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I feel like if you visit avsim, and have taken the time to read this thread, you’re likely the target market for the premium version.  The standard version is for casual gamers, and the deluxe falls somewhere in between.

Price isn’t a concern for me, even though the $CDN is terrible for purchasing power compared to the $US.  The entire cost of the premium version is the price of a handful of decent addons, and about 2-3 rounds of golf (my other hobby) for something i will get 1000’s off hours of entertainment from so a no brainer for me.  It makes even more sense when you think about what the incremental cost of premium over standard works out to in terms of other purchases.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

What happened to this:

Since last Alpha build, more than 7600 generic airports have been updated and improved. This update mainly consists in the implementation of:

• Taxiways logic and visuals
  • Surface types on airports runways, taxiways and aprons (First Pass)
  • Aircrafts parking spots
  • Ground markings on taxiways and aprons
  • Other minor visual improvements
  • All of this is based on Bing Aerial imagery

Additionally, the following improvements have been implemented:

• Many airports had missing or floating features that are now corrected
  • MRSN Sirena Station Airport crashes are now fixed
  • Missing ATC instruction has been corrected
  • EGLL – Star Arrivals were missing in the worldmap

Did the marketing folks miss that?

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

Good payware airport £30 , 787 £100. Will be premium if they are good. The real bummer is no VR dont think I can live without it. 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Premium Version....and I would pay 3x more than what they are asking.

Now time to upgrade the PC...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

There will always be people who only see the negatives. It's important that you base your opinions on your own experience and not be steered by others. 

From every bit of previews I've seen I will gladly buy this sim. Anyone expecting it to be perfect right from release is unrealistic. I am confident with Asobo, Microsoft and our 3rd party developers that over time we will mold this simulator into a powerhouse. Just like we did with FS2004, just like with FSX and just like we did with P3D.

Exactly....

Nothing is perfect, but MSFS has come far and invested a lot in this sim, partnering with others who are passionate about bringing the best flight sim experience to the market.

I will be too busy enjoying MSFS for what it is as opposed to nitpicking it for what it is not...and then enjoy it even more as they continue to make advances / improvements. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It`s the Download version that`s offered BETA, what the none download version ?

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg