Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

8 hours ago, malct said:

I wonder if there are benefits of buying the boxed Premium 2020 sim,  am i getting more for my money and can you still download the game instead of using the discs 

If you do not need the discs, you do not need the boxed version..  The only benefit is not having to download 90 GB or so to get the sim installed..

Bert

32 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The only benefit is not having to download 90 GB or so to get the sim installed..

not true, for a collector the boxed version has a value, there are not only DVDs inside
and the whole thing looks really nice on the shelf beside the other MS Flightsim Boxes 😁

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

not true, for a collector the boxed version has a value, there are not only DVDs inside
and the whole thing looks really nice on the shelf beside the other MS Flightsim Boxes 😁

Fair enough.. as a collector 🙂

Bert

I have Gamepass and I wonder if I´d be able to upgrade to premium from there. Anyone knows how it works? I guess that should be like buying DLC for a gamepass game? Can it be done?

I was going to wait with the standard till VR was added but that Longitude... and I´m pretty sure VR will be on it soon by asobo themselves or Flyinside.

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

I'll go with the game pass and then see how things develop. I'll get the full game once it's actually ready.

Which probably means waiting for 3rd party stuff. I'm totally fine with that.

Edited by flycln

15 minutes ago, chass32 said:

I have Gamepass and I wonder if I´d be able to upgrade to premium from there. Anyone knows how it works? I guess that should be like buying DLC for a gamepass game? Can it be done?

I was going to wait with the standard till VR was added but that Longitude... and I´m pretty sure VR will be on it soon by asobo themselves or Flyinside.

Cheers

Carlos

Actually, with Game Pass you can purchase any of the included games to have a permanent license, and at a discount. See the Game Pass FAQ for more details.

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games#faq

2 minutes ago, goates said:

Actually, with Game Pass you can purchase any of the included games to have a permanent license, and at a discount. See the Game Pass FAQ for more details.

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games#faq

Yep, but I meant, since I already have the standard (with gamepass) I wondered if I could upgrade to premium from there and not to be "forced" to buy the regular standar to be able to (even with a discount)

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

8 minutes ago, chass32 said:

Yep, but I meant, since I already have the standard (with gamepass) I wondered if I could upgrade to premium from there and not to be "forced" to buy the regular standar to be able to (even with a discount)

Yes, you can purchase any of the three available editions without having to upgrade.

21 minutes ago, goates said:

Yes, you can purchase any of the three available editions without having to upgrade.

He's asking if he can upgrade to premium for cheaper than what it costs because standard already comes with Gamepass. 

The answer to that is most likely no as you haven't purchased the Game with Gamepass. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

He's asking if he can upgrade to premium for cheaper than what it costs because standard already comes with Gamepass. 

The answer to that is most likely no as you haven't purchased the Game with Gamepass. 

That would be correct. If you have Game Pass, you can purchase any of the included games at a discount so you have it permanently. This discount is up 20% off the full price of the game (see the FAQ I linked to earlier for more details). For the sim this means you would be able to get a discount off of each edition of the sim, but there are no upgrades from the Standard version included in Game Pass. To see the available options, you can go into the Xbox or Microsoft Store apps on your PC and see the prices for each using the purchase or buy to own option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

1 hour ago, goates said:

That would be correct. If you have Game Pass, you can purchase any of the included games at a discount so you have it permanently. This discount is up 20% off the full price of the game (see the FAQ I linked to earlier for more details). For the sim this means you would be able to get a discount off of each edition of the sim, but there are no upgrades from the Standard version included in Game Pass. To see the available options, you can go into the Xbox or Microsoft Store apps on your PC and see the prices for each using the purchase or buy to own option.

thanks guys!